Hinders

JohnLondon

Site Supporter
The original flat Elips pellets were very very good. Unfortunately,the supplier stopped making them a few years back. The current Elips pellet is a standard pellet shape & not a patch on the original

Zerkalo

Site Supporter
My replacement Midi sized dumbells arrived today FOC. They look spot on but as I'm not a Barbel, I'll have to wait and see how they like them. Look and smell pretty good to me though! 😁

Total

Site Supporter
@Zerkalo .....Just looking at your new avatar mate.....What happened to your neck, it's disappeared? :oops:.....Did you fall down on your head recently and your neck has pushed into the top of your body? :oops:;):giggle:

Zerkalo

Site Supporter
@Zerkalo .....Just looking at your new avatar mate.....What happened to your neck, it's disappeared! :oops:.....Did you fall down on your head recently and your neck has pushed into the top of your body? :oops:;):giggle:
I decided it was time to wind it in. :LOL: Nah, probably posture on seat box (thought about making a thread on that) or more likely my shirt. :LOL::p

rd115

плак-плак
Site Supporter
Neither Hinders nor Sticky baits versions will be a patch on the original. The tell tale sign is the colouring, the originals got their colouring through the inclusion of Astaxanthin (the magic ingredient) which hardly anyone seems to include in baits anymore, probably due to cost.

£20 for 50 grams.

I suppose you could make an expensive glug for hookbaits etc mixing the powder in with some vegetable glycerin.
Seeing as it's lipid soluble perhaps mixing with hemp oil and then soaking pellets may be a better solution.

Last edited:

Zerkalo

Site Supporter
I've had a few Barbel on the Hinders Elips Dumbells in Midi size this season. Not many but enough to make me think they work. You get less in a tub than the smaller size though so I'm already through a tub. Put an order in for 2 more of those. Getting addicted to using larger baits, still got loads of the Mini left though.