welcome to the world of maggor drowners hillbilly
have fun and enjoy

Andy
bear1.gif
i'm going fishing

Polepot

Poles
Welcome Hillbilly,

you are now a member of the best Angling Web site of all.

Poles

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
And one from me -welcome on board Hillbilly icon_smile_big.gif

Regards, Dave

FAQ: Can I be notified by e-mail when there are new posts ?
Yes, the 'Subscribe to' feature allows you to subscribe to individual Categories, Forums and Topics. You will receive an e-mail notifying you when a post has been made.

Peter

'Mugger'
Staff member
Site Supporter
Hi Hillbilly,
All expats welcome,we'll try to give you a taste of home.

Peter.

Make Friends,Go Maggotdrowning.

n/a2

deleted
Thanks for the welcome, guys. I've been reading posts on other forums for about a year but have not bothered posting mainly because I was working away and only got home at the week ends. I'm now back on the dole so can log on every night. I love to read posts by Brit anglers and keep up with latest methods. I don't fish much these days because I have no friends in this area and it's not much fun on your own. I fish for carp 90% of the time and use a match rod which brings a lot of looks from American anglers and comments like "where'd ya get that long pole from, buddy". It's amazing how much the rod bends with a double on and 10lb line!

If any of you are thinking of coming to The States anytime and are in the PA, OH or WV areas I will give you directions to the "Carp Capital of the World". This place has carp in layers! I have photos but can't show them (perhaps Newt can help).

Well now I've got y'all wondering I'll wish you tight lines and remember, "size don't matter".

Ziptrev

05/10/01 - 18/10/02
In Memoriam
Hillbilly,
If I know Newt, Help isnt a maybe, but a "How"!
He's just hsd a set of Pole rigs delivered and a Pole is on it's way!

If you could sort out a 'not too distant Carp venue' that he could practice on, I'm sure you would soon have a great friend!
Just caught his PB at 14lb+, but not keen on the Paylake scene!

Welcome aboard and be good, you'all hear now!

Cheers

Trev

Ziptrev
Shouldn't happen to a DOG!

Newt

'Lures Rule!!'
Hillbilly - welcome to you.

Send me an email to nvail@ctc.net (my home address) with particulars on where you are located and chances are excellent I can put you with carp anglers in that area.

West Virginia (WV) in particular is great for it. There is a large carp fish-in scheduled for Weston and fairly soon I think. And a fella handled oatmealjack fishes the Potomac for carp. Great guy and has lived there for years (may even be a native). Take a look at his web page http://www.geocities.com/yosemite/rapids/8155/

And there is a very active email list operated by CAG (carp anglers group) but open to all. I don't have the link handy here at work.

Newt Vail

darryl

welcome hillbilly (when you lived in calverton can you remember billy bus the mobil shop )...........darryl

work`s for them who can`t fish

Status
Not open for further replies.