High tec low diameter feeder/float reel line.

Rick123

Hyper sensor is a good alternative to standard sensor for standard feeder and waggler fishing.

DH pro float or match is nice for top and bottom float fishing.

DH also does feeder and pole lines as well
Daiwa do say that the Hyper is a better more high-tea line, but exactly the same diameter as Sensor? Mad or what?

Arry

Aitch, Cantankerous old gimmer with "Views"
Site Supporter
Daiwa do say that the Hyper is a better more high-tea line, but exactly the same diameter as Sensor? Mad or what?
It's not the same diameter as ordinary sensor... it's much thinner

Rick123

Arry mate. At 8lb the normal stuff is 25 measured. The Hyper is .235 so it's so marginal (NOT MUCH THINNER) in truth. Have you found the Hyper has less stretch than the normal? But my post was that 8lb breaks at 10lb+ and the Hyper at 10lb measures .26. If its a stretched line I'd imagine it breaks closer to the stated rating, makes sense to me anyway. Best wishes Richard.

richox12

Except 0.25 is actually 13% bigger than 0.235 as it's not just diameter. When you put it that way 13% seems a lot

Cobweb

Once thought that Grayling was Tarzan's real name
Site Supporter
Except 0.25 is actually 13% bigger than 0.235 as it's not just diameter. When you put it that way 13% seems a lot
In those terms Drennan's Carp and Silverfish mono (7 series) line which is good line, I find (except for the line length sometimes) advertises it's 0.23 line with a b/s of 6lb while it's 0.25 line is at 8. Drennan do tend to get quite carried away with precision b/s testing benchmarking for both their lines and their reel spools, which I think is a bit OTT

Paul Cresswell

Site Supporter
Matrix Horizon 8lb, 0.20mm is my carp line of choice, sinks well and I’m a clutch user who doesn’t experience line twist. Have tried Maxima, Sensor, Tournament ST, Preston, Drennan Supplex and others as reel lines in the past.

grey

Site Supporter
I went from Maxima to Sensor then a sponsored angler recommended Shimano line to me( he is not sponsored by Shimano)
I have been using it for nearly a year now and very pleased with it, 8 lb in a bulk spool of 2,950 meters for £19
Link below
Amazon product

Is it the old Aero? Great line, but they've stopped making it. New Aero is different and more expensive I believe.

Chris Calder

Site Supporter
Sorry Chris, didn't realise this was an old thread.
That's okay it was Shimano invisitic line but I went off it as it was not very good at sinking when using the method, even running it through a washing up rag, so went back to Daiwa Sensor, although the Shimano Invisitec was more hard wearing, just have to respool more often with the Sensor

grey

Site Supporter
That's okay it was Shimano invisitic line but I went off it as it was not very good at sinking when using the method, even running it through a washing up rag, so went back to Daiwa Sensor, although the Shimano Invisitec was more hard wearing, just have to respool more often with the Sensor
Shimano have had a bit of a 'mare with Invisitec. The initial blend/coating was fantastic: it handled beautifully, sank well and even cut through surface tension nicely without the need of a sinking aid. But they changed it, and although it sinks easily enough with a dry line, after about an hour it begins to float.

They know the problem, but ironically, this is one line they've decided not to changed. Why, I don't know - perhaps have too much money invested in it. I know a guy who uses on the stick for big chub, so it still has it's uses I suppose - just not the same as its marketing write up! :ROFLMAO: