hi tech line

Status
Not open for further replies.

Larry

Lazarus
Now iv'e these shimano 2 peice rods's there 1.25 tc.

What i'm looking for is some high tech line around 6lb's in bs but actually but would only be thickness of around 3lbs in normal mono .
line.

Can anyone reccomend some for float fishing on the stick & waggler & some for feeder work. I've heard of some high tech line the pole fisherman are using 9lbs = about 3.5lbs in normal line called FAS TDM.

Wondered whether it would be any good for what i want.

Datafile2.jpg

Anyone who stops learning is old.
Wether at 20 or 80.
Anyone who keeps learning stays young.
Cheer's Larry AKA as toma say's Shimano Man The Tackle Tart

Newt

'Lures Rule!!'
Larry - I'm a strong fan of PowerPro line. Very slick, strong braid and their 10lb (really 5Kg) behaves and has the diameter of 2lb mono but not nearly as stiff. In fact, I use it in 10lb, 20lb, 30lb, and 50lb depending on what sort of gear I'm using and am very happy with them all. Been using the line around 3 years now and have it on all but a couple of my rods where I need a sinking line. The powerpro floats - but barely.

Newt Vail

teepee

12/04/02 - 10/01/19
In Memoriam
Larry, i've used Faps TDM, as far as i know its aimed at the pole angler i've only seen it on 50mtr spools,
the line has a good stated breaking strain to diameter, but IMO its well over stated, it can also crinkle quite easy and I would not recommend it for the reel,

teepee.

Last edited:

norm

teepee

how comes you are getting technical

please get back to your pee taking self ASAP

mike s

As a retailer I get samples of many "Hi Tech" lines. Being a cynical B***er as well, I have to hand an expensive micrometer & digital scales. First test is diameter & 80% of lines fail at this point as they are AT LEAST 10% thicker than stated (some have been 50% thicker!!) Second is B/S. I measure this using double overhand loops at each end (maybe not how the makers do, but how most anglers attach hooklengths etc.) & frankly some of the stated B/S are ridiculous, eg. labelled as 0.14 diameter & B/S 8.6lb actually measured 0.172 & broke at 4.9lb!!!
Personally I use Pro Micron, because it is EXACTLY what it says on the label.
PS I never use Hi Tech as reel line-too unforgiving. I use Berkley XL or Big Game on my reels right up to 30lb for rough ground sea fishing

Cumbria Angling Centre

TINY

Tiny
I like the sf line,the diameter is right and has low memory,low stretch and its never given me any problems.

Andy.

AL_Peters

'The Entertainer'
Genisis for me mate everytime superb line

Happiness is playin wif yer rod

Larry

Lazarus
Thank's for info.
I use the high tech line myself for hook links but was looking to get the finer line presentation , i used to have with my 3 peice Stick float &Waggler rod's without loss of b/s strength of normal 6lb line say.

Then would it be ok to put say 11/12 ft on a winder & put stickfoat,waggler, balsa on this. Al who make's genesis & Tiny whos make is sf.

Anyone who stops learning is old.
Wether at 20 or 80.
Anyone who keeps learning stays young.
Cheer's Larry AKA as toma say's Shimano Man The Tackle Tart

Status
Not open for further replies.