Hi newbie here

ukzero1

Growing old disgracefully.
Site Supporter
I wish the Guru tin hat that I've ordered had arrived before being asked that question, but my bog standard builders hat will have to do.

Most of my fishing is done on rivers, some canal, and some natural stillwaters. I avoid the artificial commercial waters like the plague, especially the over stocked, and species specific ones. Oh and I try to avoid carp, but it's getting harder each year, as they are being spread so quickly.

That's my diplomatic answer.;)

John.

And a fair one. I like fishing for silvers, but do enjoy a good Carp session now and again just to break the fishing up a little. Different set-ups, different way of fishing, keeps the mind sharp and active.

JayD

And a fair one. I like fishing for silvers, but do enjoy a good Carp session now and again just to break the fishing up a little. Different set-ups, different way of fishing, keeps the mind sharp and active.

I'm being a little unfair about carp, it's just that I have seen so many good mixed fisheries ruined by mass stockings. Then there's the fisheries that have been built on flood plains, that leach them into the rivers. I should really put the blame on those who build the waters, those who stock them, the EA for allowing it, and the ATr for condoning it.

I'd better shut up before I get my soapbox out:D

John.

warrington63

Exiled Northerner
Site Supporter
I wish the Guru tin hat that I've ordered had arrived before being asked that question, but my bog standard builders hat will have to do.

Most of my fishing is done on rivers, some canal, and some natural stillwaters. I avoid the artificial commercial waters like the plague, especially the over stocked, and species specific ones. Oh and I try to avoid carp, but it's getting harder each year, as they are being spread so quickly.

That's my diplomatic answer.;)

John.
I think @Zerkalo may have a couple of spare orange guru hats,
Magpies like shiny things,
He likes orange things

SeanB

Site Supporter
Don't knock Guru, they managed to sponsor a president in their colours ?