Hi newbie here

JayD

Wow! Thanks again for the welcome. I'm slowly acclimatising myself to my new surroundings, and things seem fairly straight forward so far, even to partial luddite like me.
John.

banksy

Life Member
Site Supporter
Do not adjust your set, normal service will be resumed as soon as possible.

Welcome to the forum JayD.
(y)

tipitinmick

Site Supporter
You may notice that we seem to have an unwritten rule ( much to the annoyance of Dave and his moderators ) where we stay on topic for no more than six posts max. Sat Navs, Moles, B911, Jack Daniels ( as youve seen ) can all lead to multiple posts off topic. Dont take offence. Its just that our concentration span is marginally greater than a gnat. Good luck. ?

sly

bit better gear,still no idea
Site Supporter
Plus,if we didn't digress we would deprive Dave of the pleasure???? Of......"annndd back on topic" ??
Concentration span of a gnat?,I wish I was that fortunate ??

JayD

Are you red or brown sauce @JayD

Hi Mark, that's tough question to answer, I'm pretty fluid in my preference.

It's a bit like asking which I prefer, breathing in, or breathing out? Both are essential to life, but which one I enjoy most is down to the circumstances at the time. For instance, if I'm passing a flower garden, or a field of newly mowed grass, then inhaling would win over exhaling. If on the other hand someone nearby had just farted, then exhaling would be my preference.
I can take either sauce on most foods, but when it comes to brands, for me, Branston wins hands down.(y)

John.

warrington63

Exiled Northerner
Site Supporter
Thanks for the welcome, but your advice is a bit late. I mentioned the mole in my intro, but not any names. Do you think that'll be ok?:unsure:
That will be fine, but you forgot Morris the moles mate.... Minnie the Mink, not as well known but just as troublesome we hear.

ukzero1

Growing old disgracefully.
Site Supporter
Wow! Thanks again for the welcome. I'm slowly acclimatising myself to my new surroundings, and things seem fairly straight forward so far, even to partial luddite like me.
John.

Fairly straight forward?? are you on the right forum?? :LOL:

ukzero1

Growing old disgracefully.
Site Supporter
Right forum, right mind? It's debatable which, if either.
In my defence I did post that before getting into any 'discussions'.:argue: :D

John.

Go on then, we'll let you off being as you like Branston...but brown sauce wins hands down. :p

Just out of curiosity, what's your favoured method of fishing? and are you a stillwater or river angler? it helps knowing these things when it comes to answering any questions you have. Well, not really, I'm just a nosey old git. :giggle:

JayD

I wish the Guru tin hat that I've ordered had arrived before being asked that question, but my bog standard builders hat will have to do.

Most of my fishing is done on rivers, some canal, and some natural stillwaters. I avoid the artificial commercial waters like the plague, especially the over stocked, and species specific ones. Oh and I try to avoid carp, but it's getting harder each year, as they are being spread so quickly.

That's my diplomatic answer.;)

John.