Hi im a newbie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ardz83

Im doing a 24 hour session down a place called burton springs in somerset,been there before and had some nice decent sized fish,also my PB of 15lb! I was well chuffed with that.

Whats the best way to attract the larger carp? I use a inline method feeder with halibut pellet on a hair rig but i wanted to try something different

Any suggestions would be great

Thank you in advance
Dan[:)]

Ricky24

Rich
Firstly let me welcome you to the site. Secondly and answer to your question is try Boilies or Tiger Nuts they tend to sort out the bigger fish, or try a popped up fake grain of Corn.

adiec

when i find the answer to the question ill tell ya lol.
welcome to the site tho mate, i know youll enjoy your stay!
Adie

Piker-Dave

aka Common_Carp
you will never stop catching smaller carp when TRYING to catch bigger carp, FACT, even if you use bigger baits..

if the bigger carp are feeding in your area, you will catch them, just be patient....

i caught a nice 23lb common a few weeks back on a single piece of fake popup corn with a bag of corn....

Ardz83

Thanks for the welcome guys,great forum. I have used bollies before,thats what i caught the 15lb'er on spicy tuna bollie. Tigernuts are banned from the lake im going to. I also tried tigernut bollies but no good.

When it's warm the carp are all on the surface but wont take a floating bait such as dog mixers.
Im just thinking if its worth using pva bags with trout and halibut mixed pellets?

Piker-Dave

aka Common_Carp
try the adjustable zig, very very easy once seup correctly..use proper zig foam aswell, excellent method for fish cruising under the surface

Status
Not open for further replies.