Heskin Hall Old farm

Status
Not open for further replies.

fireman sam

Hi All planning a trip to Heskin hall old farm and just wondered how its fishing at the moment i plan to use 14mm hard halibut pellets as my main tactic, anyone tried that there[?]

maggot dangler

only ever fished lake 2 and i think absolutely any bait will work in there, i fished caster over hemp and caught very well for most of the day, then when it died down fished bread on hook in margins and it picked back up again.

guna go and fish lake 3 next week which is much more picturesque with a larger variety of fish. thinking bout using worm, caster and hemp again but any tips would be usefull. [:)]

tonyrawly

Dont waste your time with pellets there is absolutely no need for them there stick with ordinary baits worm caster corn meat will catch loads more fish

fireman sam

cheers guys any tips for getting the tench in no3 i have heard they are a good size but have never had one there yet?

tonyrawly

fish no 3 between the two trees to your right as you walk thro the gate about 7-8 feet deep at six meters start with chopped worm n caster and when they are really having a go switch to cubes of meat for the bigger fish be prepared for some large golden orfe as well

maggot dangler

cheers tony, sam dont be suprised if you turn up and theres a bald, 25 year old lad sat there. it may be me!

St helens Stan

its stuffed with fish if you can't catch on any of those lakes its time to pack it in. Good luck oh and try cat meat.

Status
Not open for further replies.