Here's an Idea

warrington63

Exiled Northerner
Site Supporter
If not sell it, stop making programmes where "celebrities" are taken abroad to film things about their lives, or which hotel to use, These programmes never even make the ratings . And stop paying stupid high end wages to so called "experts/celebrities to present programmes.

Trogg

the bouncer
Staff member
Site Supporter
just stop paying ridiculous amounts of money to the likes of Chris evans and Gary lineker, both earning over a million a year, Huw Edwards, £494,000 for presenting news programs!

I reckon they should be made to advertise, just imagine what price they could get for the first commercial advert on our famous "publicly funded" broadcaster, the cost of a 30 second advert in the superbowl costs over $5 million, how much do you think a big company would be willing to pay for the fame of having the first ever advert on the bbc!

Wise Owl

Account Locked
Like what Peter Crouch said when asked what he'd be if not a footballer, he said Probably single :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Yuccaman

I like fishing.
Staff member
Site Supporter
Just to be annoying, why should people at the top of their profession (regardless of whether you personally like them or not), not get paid well? There is now 1 person (according to the release in July, given that Chris Evans has now left) who earns over a million at the BBC. I know it's not quite the same, and there's plenty to say that this is more ridiculous, but how many football players earn more than that each month, let alone year? I felt quite sorry for Chris Evans at the time it all went mental. He was battered for earning 3x (or more?) what the highest paid female did, but at that point in time, Claudia Winkelman got paid that for hosting Strictly for 12 weeks (and not a lot else as far as I know), whereas he had hosted a breakfast show every weekday on the most listened to show on the most listened to radio station in the country, relaunched Top Gear (which didn't go well, but it was still the BBC trying to reclaim a flagship programme) AND host the One Show once a week.

What's going to happen if we don't have a license fee anyway? BBC becomes a subscription service which will probably cost more than the license fee does...

Geoff P

The MOGerator
Staff member
Site Supporter
What's going to happen if we don't have a license fee anyway? BBC becomes a subscription service which will probably cost more than the license fee does...

I still would not watch it!!!!

Wise Owl

Account Locked
I say we all stop paying that means us all, what they gonna do cant put us in nick theres not enough room.

Trogg

the bouncer
Staff member
Site Supporter
I know it's not quite the same, and there's plenty to say that this is more ridiculous, but how many football players earn more than that each month, let alone year?

Football....should be banned!
Or in reality, make it law that their wages are topped at a realistic level, see how many are really playing for the love of their fans/club etc when they are limited to 5 grand a month!

Lee Richards

Site Supporter
Evans left the BBC and was replaced by Zoe Ball - she has lost over one million listeners.
People get paid for what they do based upon how good they are perceived and if they deliver.

As for the BBC - how many threads do we read on this forum stating the brilliance of Only Fools,Planet Earth,Life on Earth,Python,Steptoe,Porrdige,Onedin Line,all the kids programmes,Wallace & Grommit and on and on.
How many do you think we would have seen without the BBC?

Wise Owl

Account Locked
Lee mate how many new sitcoms or of what you say have come out the last 10 or so years, its shyte long past its sell by date and not worth the licence money we have to pay.

62tucker

Site Supporter
Why do they keep advertising the weather app on the bbc. Can and do they make money from the app

warrington63

Exiled Northerner
Site Supporter
Why should a "top" TV presenter be paid more than say a surgeon who is top in his profession, Your life is in the hands of surgeons ,doctors,nurses, everytime you are admitted to hospital, they get paid peanuts for the hours they do and the responsibility they have.Years of training and studying to qualify. Yet you can get an overpaid "celebrity" on TV talking drivel who the public think more of.