Here we go again...

Fugley-fisher

Site Supporter
Just seen forecast for the coming days, some really heavy rain will be a little bit n miss, but like the winter every time I had days off and planed to get on the river, we would get another dump of rain and push the levels way up, if our weather patterns continue in this way we will all have to fish still waters :cry: :eek:.
I hope these milder wetter weather patterns don't continue, fished one peg it's some 18 ft or so deep would be thinking fish hang in the 12-16 tf but no found them at 4 ft in the middle of January not natural, anybody notice any other sort of un natural behaviour, if I'm confused what is it doing to the wildlife.

gingert76

Facts, Stats & Evidence!
Site Supporter
didnt you know that we have had our summer, was two weeks of sunshine lol!

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
The weather gods always do their best to mess up the river season :)

Last year was floods, drought, bright sunshine, most of the time

Wise Owl

Account Locked
Couldnt give a toss im off, Hail snow hail or blow we be on the Trent having a go (y)

Fugley-fisher

Site Supporter
Oh don't get me wrong I'll make my way to the river, brolly and and full waterproof to hand I just think it messes the fishing being so unsettled.

JohnLondon

Site Supporter
The rivers down South need some rain, they are very low. The weather from Saturday onwards is looking to be hot & dry again

Silverfisher

Site Supporter
Yeah not been to bad here and is going to improve further. Got away with no rain yesterday til gone 4 so that didn’t effect the fishing and looks like it should stay dry til gone 2 today. Tomorrow looks like a write off but Friday decent enough and next week looks completely dry.

62tucker

Site Supporter
Looks spot on for next 14 days at least in north east. ?? No heavy rain forecast up here

gingert76

Facts, Stats & Evidence!
Site Supporter
just looked and from thursday onwards the weather looks lovely in grantham for the next two weeks!

nejohn

Site Supporter
Just looked at the long range forecast for south east wales ........for the next week it is either Raining, just stopped Raining or just about to start Raining.....nothing much changes then

MarkW

I think it unlikely that the upper Stour will be adversely affected by heavy rain. Summer floods do occur but usually it's just a foot up not the 3 metres (recent rain only brought it up a couple of inches) it was at times last winter. In recent years only the summer of 2012 had really bad flooding. One summer I had a go when it was a foot up and dropping, fishing a feeder with bread on a 10, hoping for bream as I thought I was in the right area. No bream but several good roach and a 3lb tench.

ukzero1

Growing old disgracefully.
Site Supporter
Was going to have a day on the club waters tomorrow, but that's been knocked in the head. Forecast is for heavy rain and thunder both today and tomorrow.

Zerkalo

Forecast rain all day tomorrow but I'll be on the Severn with my dad. Fully expect it to be rock solid fishing.

rudd

Site Supporter
Oh dear, The new breed of Furloughed Fishermen will need to buy a brolley using 10% of their 80% whilst the rest of us swear as our precious time gets washed away.

Deejay8

Site Supporter
The trouble is that the high pressure associated with Summer, now seems to happen in Spring. Unfortunately that coincides with the river closed season. To make it worse this year it coincided with lockdown, so even the stillwater were off limits. The rest of the year seems to be wet and mild from Summer through to the following Spring.