Hemp

mansfield lad

Hi all, I've never cooked my own hemp before as I've always had the tinned stuff, anyhow I'm off fishing Friday and I have various herbs and spices. I have coriander seeds (would these need crushing or put them in whole), also I have some chillies and last but not least I have crushed garlic. My target fish is roach. How would you recommend me going about it.

Regards
Mark

notneeded

The 1st pie winner 2019
Site Supporter
Put your hemp in a pan cover with water let it simmer till you can see the white showing ,sinks the kitchen out ,or put some in a flask put boiling water in not to the top a the hemp will expand leave over night should be done in the morning ,save the water to mix your ground bait for another time when needed.

mansfield lad

I got told to put the hemp in my groundbait bucket (25l) and put boiling water over the top, leave it, go to work, empty the water and repeat the process so its ready for the morning. Apparently it dont smell. I've always added gros Gardons to it but wanted to try something different this time.

Pickard1

If you want to fish some on the hook then take some out a bit earlier so that its not fully split.

HALTON DANGLER

Site Supporter
Hi Guys, use hemp every week in my fishing, no moaning from the missus or anything, wrote how i do mine on my blog a few weeks baack, simple as it comes and works every time if you only need a pint or two.

link, how i prepare hemp : http://www.satonmyperch.blogspot.co.uk/2014/07/river-dane-fishing-tough-times-how-to.html

my blog: www.satonmyperch.blogspot.com

mad4barbel

Originally posted by mansfield lad

Hi all, I've never cooked my own hemp before as I've always had the tinned stuff, anyhow I'm off fishing Friday and I have various herbs and spices. I have coriander seeds (would these need crushing or put them in whole), also I have some chillies and last but not least I have crushed garlic. My target fish is roach. How would you recommend me going about it.

Regards
Mark
would put the roach in tin foil, crush coriander seeds & garlic & rub all over fish & also put some inside the fish with chopped up chilles, slowly cook over hot coals for about 20 mins,
enjoy [:p][:D]