Hemp Water

Imperium

What do you guys do with your hemp water?

i store mine in a coke bottle in the fridge. Do you know if it will last in a garage for long periods etc/how long before it goes ‘bad’

Silverfisher

Site Supporter
Keep mine in a pint milk bottle in the bait fridge. Longest I’ve kept it is a week and it’s fine then but not sure how much longer it would last.

IanG1

Site Supporter
It ferments after a week or so and smells disgusting. I don't bother keeping it now unless I'm using groundbait pretty soon after I cook up a batch.

Silverfisher

Site Supporter
It ferments after a week or so and smells disgusting. I don't bother keeping it now unless I'm using groundbait pretty soon after I cook up a batch.

I suspected that might be the case. I generally use it the day after it’s created so always fine then but maybe I have been pushing my luck on the few times I’ve left it a week. Makes sense as that’s about as long as the hemp itself lasts.

Imperium

Yeah I make up small freezer bags of hemp and stick it in the freezer. May start doing the same with small bottles of hemp water for ground bait

Silverfisher

Site Supporter
That’s a good idea to freeze the water, may do that next time I have some and don’t use it.