HELP

Status
Not open for further replies.

The percher

Bolton 'till I die
Firstly, welcome to the site mate. need to know what you know first mate, and what you own.
Do you fish rod or pole? When you say beginner, how much of one, can you tie decent knots, set up your rigs etc? What are you fishing and what are you after, rivers, lakes, ponds. Carp, roach, or are you after anything?

J.Tolley

Last edited:

Fisher03

OK
let me maka it more simple.
I fish with rod in river. I have bee fishing only twice in my life. i dont know how to tie knots or any thin or waht bait to use.

Apache

I would go down to your local (reputable) tackle shop and ask about the best places in your area to fish and how to go about fishing them.

Tight Lines,

Datafile4.asp

Datafile4.asp

Heathlands Angling Club - http://www.heathlandsanglingclub.8m.comPinkieDrowner's Forum (Under 18's only) - http://www.maggotdrowning.com/younguns

The percher

Bolton 'till I die
I agree, most tckle dealers are very helpfull, and with beginners they offer sound advice, will show you basics. I could write some good knots, but that wouldn't be much help, you really need diagrams. I'm sure somebody on here could do that for you.
Where abouts do you live and which river is it?
The basic species in most rivers are: Roach, dace, chub, perch, trout, gudgeon, and depending on the speed and condition of the river, bream, pike and if you're lucky- barbel.
Keep things simple to start with, maggots are a good bet which appeal to most species, you don't want to be fishing a bait that appeals to only a limited number of species, and finding out they don't inhabit the river. Casters are the chrysalis form of maggots, you can also buy these from tackleshops, and after a few days, your maggots will naturally turn into them. Worm is another good one, bread aswell.
Most people have problems hooking bread, it's easy.
Get some fresh white bread as this is stickier than staler bread. Depending on the size of the fish rip a piece (lets say the size of a 10 pence piece) from the middle, as the crust floats. Take your hook and lay it in the middle of the piece, fold the bread over the shank of the hook and pinch it once, it will hold believe me. This looks natural as the bottom near the hook point will still be all fluffy and flutter in the current.

J.Tolley

Status
Not open for further replies.