Help with UFR (Unidentified Fishing Rod)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trevski

Can anyone identify this rod?

Edited by - Trevski on 04 September 2002 10:53:41 AM

norm

yes mate

it is defently a rod

hope this helps

see ya later

normicon_smile_blush.gificon_smile_wink.gif
WHO`S PEG CAN I CAST INTO?

norm

lol trevski
sorry i can not identify it but someone on this site probly can

see ya later
normicon_smile_wink.gif
WHO`S PEG CAN I CAST INTO?

esox.20

04/11/01 - 12/10/15
In Memoriam
Is the rod glass or carbon. Looking at the pic I get the impression that it may have been rebuilt and for some reason the transfers above the existing ones removed. I'm suprised that no makers name exists.

chill out go fishing

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
Hi Trevski,

Hatton's Fishing Tackle shop in St Owen's Street, Hereford were the only representatives of the fishing tackle trade in the Guild of Master Craftsmen. The first mention of Hatton's of Hereford in fishing circles is at 1883's Fisheries Exhibition in London where the Hatton Brothers, already sports retailers in St Peter's Street, had a stall.

Just after the turn of the 20th century, Herbert Hatton took over the fishing side of the business and expanded into separate premises in St Owen's Street. When Herbert died in 1955, his son John Hatton took over. Norman Owen took over in 1974, followed by John Waters, who ran the shop until 1985. Then Hatton's flourished throughout the 80s and 90s under the dedicated ownership of Peter Stallard, who described taking on the famous store as a challenge. He ran it until it closed it's doors for good.

During the 1960s the shop would build and repair more than 3,000 rods every year so it looks like yours was one of them.

icon_smile.gif Dave

Trevski

So, bearing in mind that I like older rods,
worth the money at a tenner do you think?

Status
Not open for further replies.