Help, What CAN I do?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ziptrev

05/10/01 - 18/10/02
In Memoriam
Can anyone help with this little poser?
I have been offered a Club ticket with local and exciting stretches of rivers for next season.

When the details came through, there are 2 prices, 1 for coarse only, which include the stretches I know about and extra stretches that are for coarse/Trout anglers.
Some of these are actually located between the coarse stretches that I was looking to join, so they must contain the barbel/chub etc., that I want to pursue.

Now , this has raised several questions!
1) I am not going to become a fluff flinger, but would love to get on the Rivers before 16th June. What other methods can I target the Trout on , that might just happen to attract another species by accident!!!
I believe that maggots are out, but worm is OK?
Is it float fished worm? legered? is there an EA rule, or is it up to each individual club?
2) Out of Trout season, can I fish those stretches for coarse species, or again is it down to EA and the club?

Does anyone have a similar club ticket and can give me guidelines?

Thanks

Trev

PS, Some of the stretches are on the Derwent, so Grayling will be present and if you have read Archie Braddocks Diary this year, He has already caught 27 (Yes 27 ) Perch over 3lb, mostly from the Derwent and with a PB of just 1 and 1/4 lbs, I'd love to find just 1 3lb Perch (Now do they take worms by accident?)

Trev

Ziptrev ape_e0.gif I do NOT BELIEVE it

martin.

Account Locked
hi trev
i dont know the waters your talking about or the rules as ive never looked intothat side as there is nowhere in my area like that
But as for worms most species will take them & normaly the larger nes of the species if it is fly only i know a person who used to go to a trout fishery and tip the fly with a section of lobworm & inch it very,very slowly along the bottom used to get good results &not just trout

tight lines.
martin.

esox.20

04/11/01 - 12/10/15
In Memoriam
Trev. maggots and a float are no no's during the closed season for coarse fish. Its normally worm only legered or freelined although club rules may allow spinning for trout. That would mean small spinners. As a big spinner "could" leave you open to accusations of pike fishing. As to coarse fishing the trout sections, again this is down to the club rules.
I think you need to find out if the trout card is required for all sections of the river or does it apply only to the trout sections. It may be that the club ban all fishing on the coarse sections. You will have to contact an official and ask the required questions. John

chill out go fishing

Status
Not open for further replies.