Help van insurance

Status
Not open for further replies.

scouse_lee

evertonian
ive just got a little white van, but ive still got me car and its the same with me dad
i want us both to drive the van and for the time being keep me car

whats the best way about doing the insurance on this
as were both with different ins companies

your help would be much app

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
Just insure it on a new policy but let the insurers know that you've both got access to other vehicles and are insured separately for them
If I was to have to chose a company I'd avoid 'Budget' insurance
If I had to recommend one I'd say try 'RoadSure' http://www.roadsure.ltd.uk/

bazw

remember you cant drive a car on a van insurance or a van on car insurance or another van on van insurance , its a one van deal

whats wrong with buggerit btw (as i just sent the cheque off to them )

Last edited:

davidsenior

15/03/03 - 22/06/16
In Memoriam
I had my van insured as a "commercial" through Coversure, I still have the van (private now), and stayed with Coversure as they have really looked after me.
They talked normal sort of money when others were talking SILLY MONEY.[:D][:D]

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
whats wrong with buggerit btw (as i just sent the cheque off to them )

As long as you don't need to make any changes they are okay, the minute you do then additional charges start racking up
I needed to change the vehicle on the policy and was told that they couldn't insure it initially as it wasn't on their list
Eventually it was added and I was then quoted extortionate amounts with two other insurance companies as apparently my company/underwriters wouldn't insure it

I did a search and got a very competitive quote from RoadSure and then had to pay Budget a cancellation fee to cancel the policy (still waiting for refund of policy after nearly 3 months). The insurance company that RoadSure placed me with was the original one I was initially insured with
It also took nearly a month to get proof of no claims bonus off them
- I'd shudder to think how they'd handle a claim

Status
Not open for further replies.