Help turn kids into addicts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trogg

the bouncer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Theres an auction going on to help raise money for "Angling projects", theres some good stuff on there so click HERE & help get kids addicted to fishing.

Oh & if any of you have got summat lying around you think people might be interested in put it up on the auction & make sure people know its for the charity.

Alan
You've just been moderated

norm

trogg

i would have loved to put something up for auction

but as i told trev

there is a lad at work that has just started fishing with his grandson and i give him every single spare bit of tackle i had

landing net,keepnet,rod,umbrella,150 floats/ so i am all sold out

at least it all went to a deserving cause and now both the grandad and the grandson are now totally hooked

see yas later
norm

it isn`t the size of the tiddler that counts

Trogg

the bouncer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Nice one mate well done.

No need to apologise , anyone who gets another person on the bank is doing this sport we love a great favour even more so when its a youngun cos they're the future.

Alan

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
All those who went to Semer Water last weekend will have met my Nephew, Richard, on Monday who came fishing for the first time.
During that day he managed to learn how to cast, detect bites on the tip, hook maggots and fill a cage feeder, not to mention cathcing two Roach and a Perch (proper one martin icon_smile.gif)

He was round at Chez Webbo tonight and is still thrilled about it all and asking when We are going next.
Guess who is about to raid my spare tackle ??

Dave

norm

nice one dave

i must admit i have a spare pole and rod witch is in the cupboard ready for my 7 year old son

last week he had 4 chub to 3lb and a carp of about 3 lb

and is comming to ireland with me 1st july to catch his first bream

it isn`t the size of the tiddler that counts

Ziptrev

05/10/01 - 18/10/02
In Memoriam
The response to my request for help was so good, that I have some duplicate kit left over, with some more on its way!
I have been discussing with Nick, whether we can get another set together for the next cause we hear of, so anyone requiring help, let me know.
BUT on this site preferably Alan!

Trev

Ziptrev pug.gif Shouldn't happen to a DOG!

Trogg

the bouncer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Trev

Angling projects isn't an Anglers Net thing.

It was the first thing Stoney supported & it was through him the center/scheme got off the ground.

I honestly don't care which site the stuff is for, all i care about is getting kids off the streets & into fishing.

If you were to read my first post again you will see i made a suggestion of putting any unwanted/spare kit on there.

I have bid on stuff that i don't need just because i know the money is going to a good cause.

As far as i'm concerned the auction is raising money for kids & just because its on Eltons auction site it shouldn't make any difference, the money is still going towards helping kids.

Alan

Ziptrev

05/10/01 - 18/10/02
In Memoriam
As I understand it Alan, only 50% of the money goes to the Charity? Better to make a direct donation of 100% and not get left paying twice as much as you need for something you dont want!

Eltons site Yeah and I like that guy, but is he directly involved?
They made a big thing on there about a Grayling fish-in, but at the end of the day, only 260 was raised. I'll do more than that for the Northern Fish-in myself!

When you compare with the superb job Dave has done over MacMillans, both quantity wise and legality wise, I'm just safer here LOL

PS took the Grandad most of the kit for his Grandson today, seeing him with Nick on thursday to finalise and he wants to post his thanks to all involved from him and get his kid to post too, so that should follow shortly!

Cheers

Trev

Trogg

the bouncer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Trev

If you'd followed the original thread carefully you'll have seen
the 50% thing was a suggestion for those who don't want to give all the money to the charity, if you check out the actuall auction you'll find most people are donating 100% to the charity pot.

Elton isn't involved directly he's just allowing his site to be used as would Dave or any decent human being.

He never complains when stuffs for charity, i mean would you??

If you want to compare the grayling fish-in to the northern fish-in then i would suggest you also include the Dec one i did as that was along the same lines as the grayling one, it was a few ideas thrown together & it worked it wasn't Eltons idea it was just an ordinary angler the same as you or I.

The same thing is happening on the soar with Dave (ferret1959) its just an angler giving others the chance to join in on a days fishing.

No offence to Dave but, he's the actual owner of the site & that makes it a little bit easier to get the donations & all the other necessities in order & ready to go, i know how hard it can be when you're trying to do everything don't get me wrong, the hardest part for me was help that was offered but not forth coming & the fact i was just an angler trying to get a fish-in organised, yes i made a lot of cock ups & faced a load of rubbish because i let family problems get in the way (well my daughter being born very premature & then all the tests etc she had to go through would put anyones life in a bit of hectic state wouldn't it?), but in the end the charity was better off than it was before.

IMO it shouldn't matter who does it, where its done or how much is raised what should matter is the fact that its helping people who need it.

I posted about the december fish-in on all the sites including MD, AN, FM, BFW, & FW but only people from MD & AN turned up, the fish-in was still a great success even if it did only raise a few quid in the end.

Like i said it shouldn't matter about anything other than the fact money has been raised for people who need it.

Alan

Chris Goddard

Message for ZIPTREV!! Would you care to ring me on 01422 205104 at your convenience and I will return your call (If you leave your number!!) As there are a couple of things I would like to discuss with you about your post and regarding the charity auction on ANGLERS NET!!!!
That is to say MY CHARITY AUCTION THAT I HAVE ORGANISED THE ONE WHICH HAS GOT NOTHING TO DO WITH ELTON (Only insofar as he owns the site - not the people on it!)

Chris Goddard

Chris S Goddard

Ziptrev

05/10/01 - 18/10/02
In Memoriam
Hey LOL , Dont SHOUT, I put a simple post up here pal and as far as I am concerned you can do the same.
If there is anything offensive in it to you, sorry, I cant see it! and if there is, explain it to all.
All I'm saying is that I am more comfortable here, organising my own charity efforts (and you can only do so much) to the Charitys I support, (MacMillans being 1 very close to my heart) and helping kids that I have loose connections with start directly with the help of my fellows on here!
Not on an other site, although I have supported Daves efforts on ANet, where I am an ANMC member regarding MacMillans.
So it looks as though I was wrong about the 50% as Trogg has pointed out and right about Eltons involvement as you have said.
As far as I'm concerned thats it!
Post your facts if thats what you want and enlighten everybody
Good Luck pal and get on with whatever you want, It doesnt concern me!
So if you want to make your point, go right ahead.
I have neither the time, inclination or energy to get involved.
I didnt even check to see that it was your auction and as I dont know you, it wouldnt have meant anything anyway.
Why Alan has gone on about his own effort in December I also dont know, as I didnt mention it AND I was 1 of the few he mentioned who did support it!
I posted praise for his efforts at the time and well done to you too, now I know you are behind the effort! lol
Anyone who tries to help deserves praise, unless thats all they do it for, but at the end of the day, as long as someone gains, I suppose even that is alright!
So, I repeat, sorry, nothing adverse to you or yours was meant, calm down and READ what I wrote and if you can find offense in that you must be paranoid!

Good luck with your efforts

Trev

Geoff P

The MOGerator
Staff member
Site Supporter
Trevor, do not worry about some of the latest posts appearing on this site.

Dave, Admin,

Have we upset a few of the people who post on AN? It seems that in the last few days we have had a few knockers on this site, admittedly a couple are not afraid to post their real names, but a couple are remaining anonymous.

All I can do is ignore the threads where people are getting personal. That is my last thought on this thread, and that would be a shame because I believe I have a lot to offer, both in time and in gear.

Trevor, anyway I can help you out let me know.

thumbsup.gif Geoff

RSSG member - are you?
Clean Banks Campaign member

Ziptrev

05/10/01 - 18/10/02
In Memoriam
Geoff, youre a Diamond, and you got it in one!
Ignore them lol,
These look at how good I am ego seekers have nothing else and ignoring them is by far the best.

I post so much krap about my bumbling disasters, Im one of the few people they can feel superior too, so I am an easy target lol
Being mouthy with all these posts helps to get knocked as well !
I make it worse by suceeding in getting other people to help me solve a little boys problem practically overnight and have fun at Semer and fishing with Nick at my new disabled club waters too!as part of the deal.
AND I dont even know the kids name lol, didnt seem important and we'll learn when he posts a thank you on Grandads computer!
I actually enjoy helping people and if I succeed in getting others to collect more money on my own than all the organised bits do, whilst doing sod all myself except enlist help! well be happy for the charity, I dont need the praise, I've done sod all except beg!

Id get up my own nose at times LOL and finally, I will not recognise just how important they need to feel and do what they want!

PLUS I get invitations to places like NEWTS and post that we had FUN

Sickening!

Characters like you make it worse, because you all mother me and your wife buys me presents for our occasional meets at fish-ins!

Yeah Geoff, Its nice to be important, but its more important to be nice,so lets just get on enjoying ourselves and ignore. Help where we can, but not make a big thing of it!
BTW, dont include Elton in your thoughts for one moment, One of natures Gentlemen that boy, as I am sure you know.

Love to Mags

Trev
Thanks for your concern, but I genuinely dont give a monkeys.icon_smile_shock.gif

teepee

12/04/02 - 10/01/19
In Memoriam
Nice one Geoff P well said,
Trev words spoke from the heart,it dose'nt matter to me if its nice to be important or important to be nice, you just carry on being Trev!! you're a Gem...

All the best

teepee.

Trogg

the bouncer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Ok Both Trev & Chris are friends of mine so i'm locking this thread as its getting personnal now.

Alan
Datafile.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.