Help the elderly

robert d

Allways trying to improve
Site Supporter
I've seen so many posts on other sites of the elderly who cannot get their essential shopping crying and in dismay . My daughter came home from a little shopping to tell me an old man was crying because he couldn't get porridge oats for his wife all he had was a few things to make his and wifes sandwich but no bread .What sort of ferking society are we living in .Please if you see or know of anyone in distress elderly or frail or with kids please help them out with what they need if you can spare what you have .Remember the elderly cant always get out as much and when they do in desperation they are risking their lives

robert d

Site Supporter
Boris needs to sort this next, get the army involved.
Sadly I think your right never thought it would come to this .We all need our provisions but too many are thinking me me me and overstocking and not a thought for anyone else .

robert d

Site Supporter
Don't forget a lot of the elderly don't have access to the internet, nor use smart phones, let alone social media
Very true Dave and also there are many who dont drive cant afford taxis and just walk to their local shop

Wise Owl

Account Locked
Just got 2 lovely fresh uncut loafs for the fluffy ones and bought 12 sirloins will give em a couple of them each as well 8s enough for us ??

kevin o connor

M.O.G. member
Staff member
Site Supporter
I totally agree that those who need assistance should receive it and it is up to those of us who can help to do so. The funny thing is according to the age poll, nearly 80% of the members on this forum could be considered elderly Not by themselves mind, but by society in general. :devilish::p.

Wise Owl

Account Locked
A lot of the cantankerous horrible ones as well, well depending on if they would accept it.

Zerkalo

Site Supporter
My mom just told me our local co-op is only open to over 70s from 9.30 to 10.30 this morning.

dry nets

apprentice stormtrooper
Site Supporter
But they aren’t suppose to be going out so how do you police it. Like if I go shopping for my mum can I go in the time slot allowed for them? If I can then its open to abusing

Zerkalo

Site Supporter
Don't think you can go in that time slot. I see a lot of elderly in the shop and it seems like a walk to get the groceries and paper is probably all they get to do in a day. The shelves have been pretty bare and it's way overpriced anyway. Not my policy but it's something even if there are more vulnerable out there that need assistance.

Wise Owl

Account Locked
Right just for all you fogies that have to stay in, put cans of lager all over the house, in the living room kitchen toilet bedrooms etc then go on a pub crawl ?This is a free service from Wise Owl funny farm ?

Wise Owl

Account Locked
I was talking with a Old lad and he is not impressed, the Asda was supposed to open JUST for OAP's for the first Hour, they were being pushed outta the way by younger arseholes getting what they wanted, when he asked a member of staff about it he said we cant Patrol it, oh but guess what the speed cop van was on the A64 and another on the Leeds ring road. Makes ya fking sick.

Wise Owl

Account Locked
Funny what a Loaf of Bread Half a dozen eggs and a couple of Sirloins can do, good job no fker said owt to me about Panic buying, id tell em straight the only panic is getting summat for others and what panic they'd be in when i told em to <Do not try to bypass the profanity filter> off.

mickthechippy

space cadet
Staff member
Site Supporter
seen lots of memes on the internet where theres an old girl or man staring at empty shelves

now there is that, but that is trying to pull yer heart strings over that

its just as much a factor for younger familys etc,

everybody needs to eat wash etc

afore this crisis, how many of them meme posters ever thought about the oldies down the road, not many I bet

ukzero1

Growing old disgracefully.
Site Supporter
Don't forget a lot of the elderly don't have access to the internet, nor use smart phones, let alone social media

Our local Aldi has now gone over to card payments only as from this morning. Loads of people 'of a certain age' just putting their trolly's, baskets etc. where they can still with the shopping in them and leaving the store. I suppose they don't have cards.

biggsy

Site Supporter
I wonder sometimes if the people that make these decisions actually live in the real world :mad:

Dave Spence

MD virtual champion 2020. Golden Pie winner 2018.
Site Supporter
It's certainly showing the best and worse of human nature. Let's start posting some of the positive's, WO started it off by giving steaks to some folks (y), any more?

Wise Owl

Account Locked
Dave mate the Lad in Leeds market was doing 8 steaks for a tenner, he gave me a wink and Bunged 12 in, mind you he like me is a Cas Fan ;)