Help! New to Pole Fishing!

Arron H

Been pole fishing for about a year now. Getting the basics locked down. Just purchased a better pole, a 13.5m Maver MV-R performance. It comes with 4 different types of top kits. Need someone to explain the difference between them if possible?!

It comes with 1 match kit, 1 power lite power kit and 2 commercial power kits. I understand some are for bigger Fish and better stiffness but no idea which!
Also, can anyone recommend what size elastic to pole in each?
Any help would be grateful, thanks!

Anglingman

Mr Ginster
Site Supporter
hi i am a garbolino pole fan but they have similar names

Matchlite - up to 12 elastic
Powerlite - rated to 20 elastic but i use mine up to #16
Commerical/powertop - up to 20's elastic no problem.

I am currently using Nick Gilberts Ultra core elastic, Light, durable and cheap !

tipitinmick

Site Supporter
Ah nice - would I need to message him direct? Or will he pick this post up?
His name is like babadook. If you say it three times he will appear. Chefster, Chefster, Chefs ...... I daren't I've chickened out. ?? Nice kid. Knows all there is to know about Maver poles. You're in safe hands there. ?

Arron H

hi i am a garbolino pole fan but they have similar names

Matchlite - up to 12 elastic
Powerlite - rated to 20 elastic but i use mine up to #16
Commerical/powertop - up to 20's elastic no problem.

I am currently using Nick Gilberts Ultra core elastic, Light, durable and cheap !

so the match kit is for smaller fish I assume?What’s the different between the power lite and commercial top?

chefster

Shedster!!
Site Supporter
Question pretty much been answered, matchlite for your silver, F1 fishing, powerlite for medium carp, F1 fishing , commercial power medium-big carp.....you need to be a bit more specific on what you’re main target fishing is , but I’ve dropped you a pm , if you want any help with what elastics to get, but that is a very personal thing , I can point you in a direction, which will take the confusion away ?