Help me find a piece of famous art.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cybermanc

Eagle Eyes
Help me please as I'm going nuts.

There is a piece of art by an artist I thought was 'Vettriano' but it isn't. I have been trying to think of its name but it eludes me and I am wanting to show Dianne it.

Basic description is........

It is a 50s style american diner on the corner of a street. There are 3 customers (a couple and a loner)
The pictures lines are crisp and the colours strong and bold. The style is somewhat like this. http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/JACK-VETTRIAN...hZ016QQcategoryZ20144QQtcZphotoQQcmdZViewItem but not totally like it[:I]

My recollection was it was called something like.

Coffe at midnight
Diner after dark
Midnight on main st

or something along those lines. Sorry to be vague but without an artist or proper title it's all I can do[:(]

pieman

Bloody ell cyber, think you need another site mate[:D][:D][;)]

Cybermanc

Eagle Eyes
It's been seen on art programmes and among other things SEVERAL films but none of which I can remember without watching my entire DVD collection!!

It is a popular 'athena' poster if I remember but there are none near me to check[:(]

It's one of those that if you know it, you recognise straight away what I am talking about (even if like me you forget name and artist)

Gringo

???

diner.jpg

Cybermanc

Eagle Eyes
Not quite Gringo but thanks[:)]

This one is 'shot' from out side looking in (across the street at a guess). The diner is on a corner and the whole painting is very symmetrical with sharp bold lines.
The guy sat down AFAIK was wearing a fedora/trilby and a fifties style suit (to fit the 50s scene)

The man and woman are talking but she gives the impression of being distracted.

shootinfishin

Better than slappy
It's not the one meant to depict James Dean and Marilyn Monroe sitting in a diner is it?

Cybermanc

Eagle Eyes
It would potentially look like that though the faces aren't clear. It's a theory I wouldn't discount without seeing what you mean.

chris w

pc problem solver
try this link

http://en.easyart.com/scripts/zoom/zoom.pl?affiliate_id=350&pid=15326&fs=1&keyword=Edward+Hopper

Status
Not open for further replies.