Help Me Choose Between These Poles

Status
Not open for further replies.

rockhopper

Hi, first post on this great forum, just got back into fishing again after a couple of years away and I need a new pole for mainly commercials.
Got 400 to spend and would like 14.5m, the best I can see are the Map tks 325 and the Shimano exage ax, opinions on these and any others I may have missed appreciated.

wokkie

Riccardo El Paxo
Originally posted by rockhopper

Why has this been moved from the main forum ?
Because it should be post in the Tackle Talks Forum but the mod moved this onto the wrong forum as well[:D]

PoDd

Best you can afford in the MAP TKS or Daiwa SR range.

rockhopper

Thanks chaps, the decision has clouded further now though as I've been offered a tks 425 or garby super g power, both used but in great nick and 400 for either, please help me decide I need to make a move on one or the other tonight !

dstev

Dave
TKS 425 is a great pole, but you can pick them up for 550 brand new, so unless its in mint as new condition I wouldn't bother. Don't know much about the Super G but it has a RRP of 1300, so 400 sounds like a steal if its in good condition.

neil parker

map tks for me, but i am biased because i,v got one, but they are very good poles for the money, also the spares are good value for the map[:D]

Frodo

I have the Diawa SR1 + can recommend it. Light strong fishable all day at 12m +

ivgonfishing

if the super g power is anything like the new "improved" g max power carp get the 425 its a far better pole

fish finder

callum
Originally posted by Frodo

I have the Diawa SR1 + can recommend it. Light strong fishable all day at 12m +
i thought the sr1 only went to 11m[?] sorry if im wrong[:T]

shropshire_pole

the SR1 is only 11m but the newer SR1+ is 13m and also twice the price at 299 rather than 150 for the original SR1

rockhopper

Thank you all for your input and help, I have gone ahead and purchased the 425, lets hope Im gonna be a happy bunny, pretty confident i've made the right decision.

Status
Not open for further replies.