Help. I'm cold !!

Status
Not open for further replies.

bards

Despite investing in an ESP fleece and hat, Skee-tex boots etc much to my dismay I find that I still feel the cold.
Years ago I purchased an ex WD divers undersuit made from a long pile thermal material this plus a Javelin deep pile jacket kept everything the East Coast could chuck at me at bay, unfortunately despite concentrated internet searches both these items seem to no longer be available.
Could anyone please suggest stuff that really does work and that may make this 40plus pole fanatics winter that bit more tolerable!
Ta, Bards

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
Hi Bards and welcome to the forum,

A nice malt whiskey is a good way to start
failing that I've heard a few good reports about the Sundridge Minus 10 suit, guaranteed to keep you warm.

Regards, Dave

FAQ: Can I be notified by e-mail when there are new posts ?
Yes, the 'Subscribe to' feature allows you to subscribe to individual Categories, Forums and Topics. You will receive an e-mail notifying you when a post has been made.

keith

Gandhi
Site Supporter
Try the halkon hunt goretex range of clothing.they are brilliant for the colder months as they allow you to breathe.you still need a fleece under them but you can get them in the magazines for under 100.as for the pole part they do a bomber style jacket and put a bib and brace underneath.hope this helps.

Geoff P

The MOGerator
Staff member
Site Supporter
fortunately I am lucky in that i rarely feel really cold, but i do swear by wearing tights under my trousers in the winter. don't tell the missus she is always asking where they have gone to. And I always believe that it is better to put on far too many clothes when you go fishing. You can always take them off if you are too warm, but you can't put on what you haven't taken.

Geoff
If it swims, catch it.

Ziptrev

05/10/01 - 18/10/02
In Memoriam
Hi Bards, gotta fleece and a Shakespeare 2-Piece bib/brace Jacket from Bennets for less than 90. Works for me a 50+ Stowmarket boy living in Chesterfield now
Good Luck, Merry Xmas
Trev

bards

Thanks for the advice guys, my trusty wallet has been re-charged and loaded into my pocket and I am off to check some stuff out.
Bards.

Cyprinid_boy

you want a thinsulate inner suit like the type we use under our dry suits on the fisheries work. They only cost about 55 and you can get them made to fit. They are cheaper as they don't have a silly fishing brand name attached. Try Moby Diving equipment 01327 262274, that's where we get ours. Also buy a thermal mug from a camping shop. 2.75 and you tea stays warm for up to 2 hours. The best thing i have evr bought!!

cyp

Status
Not open for further replies.