Help from Tiny please.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beebs

Hi Andy. I want to pick your brains a bit if that's ok? I am after a light spinning rod for some perch fishing in the Summer. What would you recommend for around the 40-50 mark?

I've got to admit to being clueless. But I caught my first fish on a lure on Saturday and now I'm taken.

Cheers, Steve.

DJ.gif

Last edited:

Lid

Hi Beebs

I know I'm not Tiny, but here's my opinion anyway.

I've got a four piece 9' Shakespeare expedition spinning rod and find it excellent for all types of 'mid-sized' fishing. It's also very easy to transport.

Personally I don't like short 6'-7' spinning rods. I've got another 11' travel version made I think by Silver Creek which I bought primarily for salmon spinning and worming on smaller rivers and this is a very nice rod too.

Lid [:)]

Beebs

Hi Lid, all information gratefully received. I'm beginning to think of a telescopic rod to keep in the car maybe?! I'm not that hot on 6 or 7 foot rods myself. 8 or preferably 9 foot. Don't want much do I??

Lid

I've never got on with telescopics. I spent ages choosing one last year. Ended up buying a Shakespeare ?? (to be filled in later) and it snapped at the top the first time I used it. I returned it and didn't bother with a replacement. That being said, there may be some better telescopics on the market, but I love my multi piece travel rods.

Lid [:)]

esox.20

04/11/01 - 12/10/15
In Memoriam
Dont disregard the six foot rods I have a six and a seven foot lure rod and there the dogs danglies. The control when casting and retrieving is far superior to a longer rod. Coupled with both rods is a baitcasting closed face fixed spool reel.

chill out go fishing

Beebs

quote:Originally posted by esox.20

Dont disregard the six foot rods I have a six and a seven foot lure rod and there the dogs danglies. The control when casting and retrieving is far superior to a longer rod. Coupled with both rods is a baitcasting closed face fixed spool reel.

chill out go fishing

Thanks John, any suggestions? I am new to this lure fishing lark but I caught some pike on lures recently and have completely got the bug. (Even popped up the Basingstoke canal at lunchtime and got a tiny little specimen. Beautiful).

esox.20

04/11/01 - 12/10/15
In Memoriam
My rods and reels are american and not available over here. Check out the shaky cat. They have some combos of rod and reels.

chill out go fishing

TINY

Tiny
Morning Beebs,If you want me to tell you which to buy...sorry I cant do that,coz its each to their own[:)]
In my opinion though,it would be a good idea to have a look at the 10foot Titanium Spinner which comes with a flattened arm seat for greater control,screw reel seat and Titanium eyes.[:D]
This rod not only has unlimited power,but looks absolutely amazing.
I personally use one of these and cannot find fault with it[;)]
But heres the best bit......its well within your price range[:D][:D]
if you cant find one,call me and i`ll sort it out for you.
Thank you for the posting(a nice surprise)

Andy.

Beebs

Cheers Andy, I must admit I've never heard of it. This may sound stupid, but is it designed for a fixed spool reel? Or for a multiuplier type (baitcaster is it?). Is it good for perch and chub? I've got a spinning rod, but it's way to heavy for anything like perch or chub.

TINY

Tiny
I use mine for Perch,Chub,Pike and even for a margin rod after Carp[:D]Theres just no end to its talents[:D]
Use it as any normal rod and a fixed spool reel.[:D]
The rod itself weighs no more than any good quality match rod and has the refinements of a carp waggler rod[;)]

Andy.

Status
Not open for further replies.