Help - 7th & 8th Sects of pole jammed solid

Status
Not open for further replies.

anyexcuse

Any ideas how to get them apart.Have already tried the 3 man method of 2 'pullers' and a 'tapper' but to no avail. Also tried using a hair dryer (on the pole not my hair), but that didnt work either. The wife's not going to be too chuffed if she has to hurdle across it round the kitchen tommorrow.

Dave@Brynmill&DistrictAC

Trogg

the bouncer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Get a tea towel & soak it in hot water, wrap it around the "over" bit on the pole, roll the sections back & forth between your hands, when the towel feels "cooler" soak it again & keep repeating for a few imes then gently twist the two sections in opposite directions.

If it doesn't work first time repeat & try again, when (if) they come apart give them a damned good cleaning & wax them up a bit.

Then again seeing as i don't "do" the garden gnoming type of fishing i wouldn't know much about it LOL.

Alan
Datafile3.asp

anyexcuse

Cheers Trogg. Not wishing to be unoptimistic, what happens if your method doesnt work?

Dave@Brynmill&DistrictAC

Beebs

Hi Dave, I'm not a pole fisherman, but the thing that springs to mind to me would be to give it a squirt with WD40 and leave it overnight to penetrate, hopefully they'll pull apart in the morning.

Or is that not the done thing with poles?

Trogg

the bouncer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Dave

if that method doesn't work this ones a sure fire to

1) take a large hammer (stanley 16oz is ideal)
2) place jammed sections on kitchen table/ strong work surface
3) bring hammer down as hard as possible onto stuck sections (best to do it 5 or 6 times to make sure)
4) go to tackle shop in morning & buy new rod & reel instead [:D]

Alan
Datafile3.asp

Barrie44

' The Hulk '
I did that once put my pole in back to front jammed tight took three of us to free it off. one each end pulling while guy holding his two hands on each peace center wobbling and shaking it up and down, Did the trick for me,
Hope all goes well mate Good luck.

Datafile4.asp

If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles.

anyexcuse

Me thinks this can be left to the morning(I just hope the wife's been taking tips off Colin Jackson!!). Will let you all know how I get on(or not).

Dave@Brynmill&DistrictAC

anyexcuse

Success at last. After much head-scratching(no, I aint got lice!), took the aforementioned stuck sections down to one of our coaching sessions. Fortunately our ex-chairman was there who gave a masterclass in pole unjamming. It's probably a method familiar to alot of you but was a new one on me.
1/ Have a man on either end of the stuck sections pulling (not twisting as that apparently locks it up more).
2/ A third man goes in the middle and grasps either side of the joint.
3/The third man then rotates the pole in a circular motion, which effectively puts a bend in the pole.
4/The joint works it way loose.
5/Sink to knees & praise god
6/Clean male/female joints
7/Buy ex-chairman pint at earliest opportunity

And of course thank fellow MDs for their advice on the matter

Dave@Brynmill&DistrictAC

Barrie44

' The Hulk '
Did'nt I say that. [:D] Well close anyway. [;)]

Dont do it again lol.

Datafile4.asp

If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles.

anyexcuse

Oh, forgot to add

8/ Go fishing to local park having successfully unjammed section. Lean back while looking in draw, neatly snaping 4th section with arse while on poleroller/park railings.

It just aint been my week. Any advice on noose-tying would be appreciated.

Dave@Brynmill&DistrictAC

Apache

Take rope, tie hangmans knot and................well you did ask for it!

Tight Lines,

Datafile4.asp

Datafile4.asp

Heathlands Angling Club - http://www.heathlandsanglingclub.8m.comPinkieDrowner's Forum (Under 18's only) - http://www.maggotdrowning.com/younguns

Status
Not open for further replies.