Hello And Question?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paul Holt

First off, Hello to all you maggot drowners! I've been reading this site from time to time and thought i'd better join and get involved. I particularly like your "Where You Fished day" threads, an excellent read when your stuck in the office or can't get out of a weekend. I'm sure i'll add to it myself, but only if i'm catchin [;)]

Right, to the question:

Can anyone recommend any clubs around Leicester, Rugby, Hinckley way? I'm not particularly bothered about club waters but am more interested in getting some regular matches in. Any ideas?

Cheers
Paul

TINY

Tiny
Havnt got a clue me old mate but someone will.Welcome to this world of lunacy called maggot drowners.
Guess what?I just beat the moderators.

AndyA

welcome aboard Paul [;)]

Aaaah .... soon be fishing

darryl

don`t know of any clubs in leicester but know a good water at beedels off the a46 ,welcome to the weird and wackey world of maggotdrowning

you can not catch one sitting at home

Geoff P

The MOGerator
Staff member
Site Supporter
Just wait til Malc and his chum Red cone on line, he is from Rugby so will have some ideas I am sure.

Welcome to the site anyway.

Geoff

Clean Banks Campaign member

martin.

Account Locked
hi
WELCOME TO THE MAD MDs.
sorry i cant help you on this one but as geoff says malc will know most of the ones in that area

tight lines.
martin.
talk fishing flip football

carpbob3

welcome to the site ..... cant offer any suggestions on your question but welcome anyway

bob

Peter

'Mugger'
Staff member
Site Supporter
Welcome Paul.
Malc's your man.
One thing though,you dont believe in "Jinxes" do you? [:D]

Peter.

Make Friends,
Go Maggotdrowning.

G

ALREEEEEEEEEET Paul, welcome to the world of maggotdrowners.

Same here Paul no advice for you,,, except to say as the other lads,,,, malc's the boy.

catch me if u can
Andy,

anyexcuse

Welcome to MDs Paul. Unfortunately you live a bit far away from my area.
Hope you find some decent waters though.

Dave@Brynmill&DistrictAC

AL_Peters

'The Entertainer'
Hi mate and welcome try this and good luck http://www.maggotdrowning.com/club_directory.htm

Failing that go to www.google.com and do search for angling clubs in your area.

Happiness is playin wif yer rod

Last edited:

MALC

Paul and Enjoy The Mad House

Sorry about the delay in the responce but i've been suffering computer problems (hopefully sorted now though) [;)][;)]

As some of the others have said i live in Rugby, but as for good local clubs they are a bit thin on the ground.

Most clubs around Rugby have a turnout of between 10 and 20 for most club matches.

The 2 better/bigger clubs are:
Crowpie based in Bilton (with their own pools) they get around 15 turn up to their matches.

Spring Street based in the town center they get between 15 and 20 turn out for their matches.

If your interested i'll get contact details for you tomorrow and pit them up.

Towards Hinckley you have Wolvey AC who get around 20 on their matches.

And also Bulkington who are based near Wolvey they also get around 20 turn out.

Can't help regards any in the Leic area but suggest you pop in the tackle shop and have a word as they will know who's who.

Hope that helps a bit Paul.

MALC
IT'S CATCHING ...BUT ARE YOU !!!

Paul Holt

Thanks all for the welcome. Malc if you can get any contact details it would be very usefull.

I've just been reading one of your reports from Stockton res, looks like a nice fishery, i'll have to try it. I work in Lutterworth, live in Leicester so often find myself down rugby way as there's loads of decent carp lakes. Have you fished Clifton? Definately my favourite in the summer.

MALC

Try not to go near Clifton since J.D took it over (long time now) and turned it into a tip.

Very few Rugby anglers fish it these days, much better venues in the area and no attitude [;)]

I'll sort details out for you tomorrow for the clubs.

MALC

milan

Like you Paul i am new to the site.
I fish for a new club in Rugby "Old Lion" Harborough Magna.
We only started up last year, a few friends got together, this year we have become a proper club. We only fish every 3 weeks, but we have guaranteed some good fisheries this year, Clattercote, Makins, Frog hall, River Avon (Lido stretch)..etc.
It is 20 to join and basically its a good laugh with a great bunch of lads.
We normally have between 15-20 fishing, and we are always open to welcoming new people (as long as you are not to good)!!

Milan

watty

Paul I don't know if this will help but I came across this link for Rugby,
http://www.mbcarpspecials.co.uk/rugby_area.htm

Paul Holt

Malc, you're right about Cliton being a tip and the bloke that runs it is a tit. Still, good fishing though, meat down the edge on a summers evening. Ahhh... Cant wait for the summer!

Milan, the club sounds good, can you mail me some more details (pholt_uk@yahoo.co.uk) or your telephone number?

Thanks all
Paul

MALC

Paul,

Never got to the shop Saturday but will be poping in there in an hour or so and will get the details for you.[:)]

Milan,

Sounds interesting not heard anything about the "Old Lion" any chance you could forward details to me.[:)]

MALC

Status
Not open for further replies.