& hell froze over

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trogg

the bouncer
Staff member
Site Supporter
At a little place called Montford bridge in deepest darkest shropsire there was a gathering of the wierdest people to ever walk the banks.

1s.jpg

They had even got a feeder ready for Daves groundbait.

2s.jpg

Unfortunetly the other pics haven't turned out very well but i'll still post them for you to have a game of "figure out who that is".

3s.jpg
(this guy doesn't understand the term "travel light" [;)]

4s.jpg
(fancy a brew then?)

5s.jpg
(just like all scousers, this fella tried to hide as soon as he saw the camera)

I risked my life to sneak into the "encampment" of these strange people & get a closer look at them, as you can see even my camera wasn't happy to be this close.

6s.jpg

I did get one of "poles" with his light travelling gear but the flash didn't do its job so its to dark to see owt [:(]

Incase any of you are wondering, the fishing wasn't so bad, lots of small stuff being caught, dai's son was smashed by something & while i was there Trevski had a good take on a lure, whatever it was took him straight into a snag & as he was down the bank & at the wrong angle yours trully tried to help out by using my hieght advantage from the top of the bank to try 7 ease the fish out of the snag.

What ever it was didn't want to come out & play though, i managed to get some line back in before it shot back into the snag & shook its head to get rid of the hook [:(] sorry Trevski but i tried mate.

As we left (after a lurrrrvely bit of grub) the lads were getting ready for a bit of an evening session.

Dian the kids & myself would like to thank,

John esox
Trevski & son
Dai & son
Polepot
Martin
Hayyyydennnn (the welshmun)
Everready
Oh & Ray "rubbish its a camera" Sillysod (i think thats how you spell his last name)

For making the trip out there worthwhile.

Sorry we couldn't have spent the weekend out there but i've got work so maybe next time.

Oh one other thing they all slept in their tents/bivvies last night but Martins done a Dave 'n' Stu tonight [;)]

Alan

I'll have a fiver on the black un

Last edited:

teepee

12/04/02 - 10/01/19
In Memoriam
Nice one Alan, had anybody caught owt?

iv'e heard of people taking everything bar the kitchen sink when they go camping, but that last picture looks as though they've took the
living room carpet![:D][8D][:D]

teepee.

Trogg

the bouncer
Staff member
Site Supporter
hehe sorry mate i edited the post just as you hit enter lol.

yeah a lot of small stuff was caught but i think the larger stuff was just switching on as we left.

the last pic has really got me confused, every now n then my camera seems to have a fit n put any colour it feels like instead of the real colour (if you can understand that you can have a gold star) [:)]

Right i'm off to bed cos i've been up since 6am & i'll be up again tomorrow for the longest day of the week for me (14hr shift then another 2hrs for banking n paper work) [:(]

Alan

haydn.borthwick

09/05/02 - 28/01/07
In Memoriam
Hi all Haydn back safe and sound in Leeds. Had a good weekend. 5 Salmnon about 6": 2 trout 5"; 2 chub ( 1 5" the other a massive 9") and 100`s of gudgeon, bullheads & minnows.
Thanx to all who were there for making it a very happy fish-in.Special thanx to dai & son. I am lousy on names and faces but thanx for the maggots ??? and esox thanx 4 arranging it.
Hope to fish with you all again next year. Tackle gatting washed and put away till at least March. I feel the cold in my bones, and it sure was cold Sunday morning. All the best to you all.........

there is no such thing as a stranger..just friends who have not yet met.

haydn.borthwick

09/05/02 - 28/01/07
In Memoriam
Trogg how do you put photos on your topic. Have a few from weekend. Also how come you didn`t photograph me.....am I that ugly??/.....haydn

esox.20

04/11/01 - 12/10/15
In Memoriam
The weirdest strangest person didnt appear in any of the photos.

The weather played a big part in the weekend. Rain earlier in the week caused widely fluctuating levels. The river was almost back to normal but carrying some colour on my arrival Friday.

Saturday morning it had fell slightly and the colour had dropped out. The downside was the temperatures we experienced Friday night. Below freezing and everything iced over. Cold it was ******* cold (add what ever word you desire). Saturday night started cold with ice forming once again but by morning this had melted and was milder.

Fish were caught albeit small fish. The best chub just over 3lb fell to Ray. A couple of bigger fish were hooked but were lost.

Sunday started cool then got worse it started to rain not heavy but persistent. Enough to drive us back to the tents one by one. We decided mother nature knew best and one by one the cars were loaded and we we disappeared to return to our loved ones.

A return to deepest darkest Shropshire is being planned, but slightly earlier was felt to be desirable. So to use those immortal words 'watch this space 'John with cold hands and feet now thawing out in front of a nice warm fire signing out'

chill out go fishing

martin.

Account Locked
well got back safe at 4-30 from a brill w/e lots of small chub,trout, young salmon to about 8"-10" plus a load of minnows.
Fri night started the w/e with me on M6 just short of corley services
recieving a call from marc to tell me of the sad loss of our dear friend trev but after stopping at the services decided that trev would have wanted me to carryon & have a good w/e.
well it started on usuial fri night finding us in the pub at top of field
but we had a treat that we dont normally get & i enjoyed telling phil he missed out on this there was a students convention being held & despite it being a very,very large pub it was full of students ,most of them female
in the 17to 20age group i didnt see johns eyes pop out when he saw the one in red honestly?
anyway ide like to thank john & alan for organising another lovely place for a fishin .
John if you do another at same place next year check that its the same night that the students are going o be there LOL

tight lines.
martin.
talk fishing flip football

Trogg

the bouncer
Staff member
Site Supporter
click here for the picture putter upper thingumy Hayyyyyyyyyydennnnnnnn [:D]

Alan

ray

hiya all, as has allready been said, plenty of fish caught but nothing big but totally enjoyable, thanks to john for sorting it out and "ta martin" for lending me his stick set up so i could have a bit of fun, but the best fish for me was the minnow i caught on a size 8 hook, perfectly lip hooked and actually rattled my tip (i was using a heavy feeder rod) it was "well ard"

roll on the next one.

a fool and his litter are soon parted.
original "clean banks campaign" slogan.

Polepot

Poles
John,

just to say thanks for a great weekend. Next time I will come with a lot less gear as I've lernt my lesson now.

It was a great weekend but it would have been nice if the fish had wanted to play. However I did enjoy my session with the stick float catching loads of tiny (I used this word before Andy Comments) dace and chub.

Talking of Andies comments he remarked "you puddle anglers can't use a centrepin reel"
- Why should I? It is probablly better but I caught fish and did not have a TROG.

Mark me down for next year

Poles

Great info, great guys, great fun, thats Maggot Drowners

haydn.borthwick

09/05/02 - 28/01/07
In Memoriam
Who is the mistery angler?

I have agmitted thatI am lousy on name but this angler was real good fun and interesting to talk to......haydn

esox.20

04/11/01 - 12/10/15
In Memoriam
Hayden.its everyready aka John Wilson

chill out go fishing

Trogg

the bouncer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Nah thats Martin

I'd recognise that well worn hat anywhere [:D]

Alan

Just cos i ain't postin, it don't mean i ain't watchin

martin.

Account Locked
this w/e was first time id worn that hat it was this years rapala from british pike final i get a new one free every year.
mind you the 2000 one is identicallast year it was a biege one.
funnything though john asked if they done one in RED lol

tight lines.
martin.
talk fishing flip football

angler-mark

I knew it was you Martin, even a new hat couldn't disguise that cheeky grin and good looks [;)][;)][;)][;)][;)]

Tight Lines

Mark

Trevski

Martin, I knew it was you, simply cos you were
glued to that peg all weekend [:D]

Great weekend, thanks to you all esp John/Alan
for organising, even though we caught nowt.
Oh apart from one whopping Gudgeon, probably a
personal best but wouldn have taken ten of em
to register on my scales [:D]

We lost two fish through shedding the hook and
got snagged up by one great take on the lure as
Alan said.

Still, can't win em all eh?

See you all next time folks, and Trogg you'd better
be fishing the next one cos I haven't seen you catch
anything yet, then again I heard thats rarity anyway [:p]

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
If it were this simple...

MALC

[:(][:(][:(]
Once again things conspired to stop me from turning up at another fishin.

Glad every body enjoyed themself's even if the fish were slow (at least you all got to fish).

All 3 kids and the wife were unwell and i never got to leave the house[:(][:(] until today.

MALC
IT'S CATCHING

scoobs11

ah yes the legendary tales of trogg catching !!!!!

well actually i have to admit to winessing this miracle of trogg over nature and yes he does occasionally :eek:)

i'll have a fiver on the brown one

haydn.borthwick

09/05/02 - 28/01/07
In Memoriam
Well back at work mending our Asian friends yellow microwaves and posh peoples 36" wide screen tv`s. Am looking forward to the next fish-in. Say next year when it is warm. At a venue that has fish LOL, say Elvington. It was realy nice to meet you all & I caught a fair few fish, infact what I caught on the Saturday would have won some of our clubs matches this year. Have cleaned my gear and gone back to computing, ( trying to make a website will post the address when I manage it) You are all a great bunch of guys and it was a privelage to be allowed to join you......thanx again.......Haydn (Sparks)................

ray

quote:there is no such thing as a stranger..just friends who have not yet met.

just about sums it up haydn.[:D]

likewise mate......looking forward to the next one.

is it comming to a fishery near you........?????

a fool and his litter are soon parted.
original "clean banks campaign" slogan.

Status
Not open for further replies.