Helicopter rigs.

rudd

Serial Blanker
Site Supporter
Bobbins need enough weight to register drop backs.
Fox mini swingers are a better option if fishing at dist as weights can be moved to suit distance/tow.

Zerkalo

Site Supporter
I am sorted for the time being. Got to be a cheaper way to do it but I doubt a more convenient way.

2022-02-26 10.26.09.jpg

squimp

Site Supporter
That version is much better than the earlier ones because it uses a swivel bead on the line - which spreads the load on the mainline whilst you are playing a fish. And it’s much neater than using some form of clip attached to a swivel.

Zerkalo

Site Supporter
It saves me worrying about my components being the right size too, just convenient for someone who struggles with ordering swivel sizes etc.

Chervil

Site Supporter
That version is much better than the earlier ones because it uses a swivel bead on the line - which spreads the load on the mainline whilst you are playing a fish. And it’s much neater than using some form of clip attached to a swivel.

Whilst I use the newer ones, I still like the older ones with the rubber tubing over the line.

1645887000066.png

squimp

Site Supporter
Whilst I use the newer ones, I still like the older ones with the rubber tubing over the line.

1645887000066.png
Yes -same point the tube protects the mainline, and they deliberately come apart if required. Their other version just has a swivel running direct on the mainline.

Back in the day (90’s) I made my own version with a swivel mounted on a centimetre of stiff rig tube and then flared both ends of the tube with some heat.

Tinca Steve

Irregular member.
Site Supporter
You see that form of mouth on quite a few males but never on female tinca's.
The mark I would say is a birth mark as I caught this little tinca about 4 years ago.