helicopter crash

Status
Not open for further replies.

midge99

A helicopter registered to rally driver Coln McCrae has crash near Lanark in Scotland, there are no surviors but it is not yet known if he was on board

mat k

Buddha
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main.jhtml?xml=/news/2007/09/15/ncopter115.xml

Vince G

Hop Along
I do hope the news is wrong. I met Colin McCrae on a number of occasions whilst following the British stage of the World Rally Championships over the past few years and a found him to be a lovely guy who was prepared to pose for photo's and have a chat and always appeared friendly and relaxed around his fans.

sjb

Looks like this has now been confirmed. I have too met Colin on several occasions through my job in motorsport and he was the most friendly and accomodating guy you could ever know. I was looking forward to watching him do his stuff at Wembley Stadium in December at The Race of Champions. At this moment in time I am devasted by this news. I believe that Colin was also an accomplished angler.
It appears that Colin's young son Johnny also died in the crash.

Last edited:

Marvin Waggler

Bass Blanker
Very sad news, RIP to Colin and the other passengers, condolences to their families, I always chuckle when I remember when he wore that Cartoon T-Shirt of Richard Burns (RIP) polishing McRaes boots, & his driving ability speaks for itself..

Enigma

Armchair Carper
Absolute total loss for the motor sport industry. Only god knows what his wife must be going through having lost a husband and a child if what the reports are saying are true.

Cracking fella...RIP

rsbrett

Resident Expert.
Completely stunned to hear the news, I only heard it this morning. I have spent many a dark winters day watching him blast round the Welsh stages of the World Rally, I also had the fortune to meet him several times in the service areas and can honestly say he was a true gent, a real ambassador for motorsport.

So tragic that his son was by his side, deepest condolences to his family.

R.i.p Colin.

midge99

It has just been comfirmed on sky news Colin and his son were killed in yesterdays crash.

R.I.P Colin

Columbo

I'm stunned to hear this news

R.I.P to Colin and his son, thoughts and condolences to his family and friends.

Steve

Miggy

St Ives Fishing
jesus christ, thats the worst thing ive heard this year. my heart goes out to his poor wife. father and son, gone, its so tragic.

banksy

Life Member
Site Supporter
Not particularly into rallying, but he always struck me as a really genuine, modest guy, who despite his obvious ability, was not "up himself" like so many of today's sports "stars". Especially footballers.

[:(]

simonelsey

only1 net empty
weird his old boss was involved in helo crash today .http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/essex/6997784.stm

Vince G

Hop Along
Someone more cynical than me might suggest there's more to this than meets the eye.

Very upset about McCrae and his son, his wife must be devastated. Losing one family member is bad enough but two is just cruel. R.I P Colin at least you can now chat to Richard Burns in a peaceful place. 2 great drivers lost in a short space of time.

davidsenior

15/03/03 - 22/06/16
In Memoriam
First I heard of this was whilst watching Moto GP, after Valentino Rossi won, he dedicated the race win to Colin Macrae.

A sad loss.[:(]

Colin Payne

Originally posted by vg1037

Someone more cynical than me might suggest there's more to this than meets the eye.

Very upset about McCrae and his son, his wife must be devastated. Losing one family member is bad enough but two is just cruel. R.I P Colin at least you can now chat to Richard Burns in a peaceful place. 2 great drivers lost in a short space of time.

They're probably sitting in gamers heaven arguing over whose rally game is the best!!

Gutted over this one..............
R.I.P.

Status
Not open for further replies.