Heerde in Holland

Status
Not open for further replies.

ollynudd

Sully,

After sailing from Hull (fantastic boat with an even better Bar arriving Rotterdam a bit worse for wear) arrived at Heerde. Found our digs no problem, met Richard (English bloke who is there to advise anglers. He gave us some maps with x marks where to fish but that was about it - he was not very helpful. However, other anglers from England were very helpful.

Fished the Breamtraps - not a bite all Day!! River Vecht is worth a try, plenty of bites as is the river Ijssel. When fishing the Ijssel, sit well back as the barges take no prisoners with fisherman. Best place to fish was the match lake (Richard will show this on the Map). When travelling from Heerde you will see the match lake on your right hand side. Don't take the first right, take the second - drive down to the gate, look straight across the field and you will see a gate post with orange tape on it. Fish these pegs. We fished here twice, my best bag was 90lbs - I even caught an 8lb Zander on worm. Slimjim had over a 100lb on both days and Breamface had about 70lb. The lake is stuffed with Bream spawning, be patient, it took me 3 hours to get my 1st bite. Put plenty of groundbait in. Best bait was worm tipped with a maggot. Sully, just hope they haven't moved back into the river when you get there!!!

Goodluck & Tightlines Ollynudd

K.P.G

neil fallows

Site Supporter
Site Supporter
What did u think of the lodges , a bit dark and dingy,beds like campbeds.did u go to hattam its a great town, chocolate shop out of this world for the presents for the kids and better halfs.R u going back or is it back to ireland for the laughs.Tight lines neil[:p][;)]

ollynudd

Neil

Thinking of Denmark next year. I would go back to Ireland cos I get 8 days fishing. We only had 6 in Holland' We only ever drove through Hattam. Just wish we had the waters in England like they do in Holland

K.P.G

sully

hi m8,
thanks for the update go to heerde tomorrow looking forward to it (good or bad) actually phoned richard last week, wasn,t very helpful then see what he's like when we meet (if he is the same a phonecall to jack purchase will be made on return) taking me camera so words and pics posted on my return
Sully[:D][:D]

gazmalman

malmanfloats.com
it's funny i heard a few reports of fishing holiday reps not being very helpful, it seems to me this is one of the services you pay the preium for is it not? I'm going to ireland for the first time this year with my brother, we decided after hearing a few bad things just to go it alone. We're camping (we dont mind roughing it) in the houdson bay campsite right next to lough ree for 4euro a night and getting a cheap ferry from straner to belfast for 150 return so the whole things only costing us about 80 quid each. Ive emailed the takle shop in athlone and the guy there seems all to willing to help us get to the right places. If all goes well with this trip im thinking of heerde next year, i found the website for the de koerberg site and i rekon i'll get it cheaper going direct.

Status
Not open for further replies.