Heavy groundbait

Status
Not open for further replies.

phil-k

Can anyone recommend a groundbait for very deep water.

I need a heavy grounbait which will get to the bottom before breaking up.

Cheers
Phil

Bobski

Try putting a stone or pebble in the middle of the ball to make it sink faster.

Last edited:

KevC

LIVERPOOL WANDERER
just tried the special g green, if you add enough water it will turn into a MESSY PASTE, it's the stickiest groundbait I've tried.

Don

Best of all is some potato flakes such as wondermash but buy the cheap stuff from Aldis as it works just the same. Mix it with your grounbait and it sinks like a stone and wont break up till its been on the bottom for a while.

cess monkey

You dont allways need a heavy groundbait for fishing deep water.You aree often better off with a sticky bait that will sink slowly so it won`t bury itself in the bottomif the bottom is silty.
Heavy groundbait is great for flowing water as you dont need to throw it in as far upstream for it to hit the deck in front of you.
VDE secret and turbo+ are realy sticky, or as ricky said ,you can add pv1 to any other groundbait to make it more sticky. Aromix liquids also make your mix hold together longer.

A word of warning, when you mix sticky g/b go steady with the water and put the mix throug a riddle a couple of times otherwise you could end up with a mix that will go down like a brick and will retain its ball shape long after you have packed up and gone home.

poolsfodder

roach mate,the thing is he dont say about the swim.its ok diong all the norm tricks,but each is suited.if he states what sort of conditions hes faced with we could help,but he dont?
if its a deep still,then weighted pva brill.fast pace,
pve with a feed lead.or leam based.[:)]

Last edited:

phil-k

Originally posted by poolsfodder

roach mate,the thing is he dont say about the swim.its ok diong all the norm tricks,but each is suited.if he states what sort of conditions hes faced with we could help,but he dont?
if its a deep still,then weighted pva brill.fast pace,
pve with a feed lead.or leam based.[:)]

The place is Salford Quays.It is 27foot deep under your feet and all the way accross.There is also a terrific udertow due to the sheer volume of water.
I was balling it in on the pole line 50/50 gold pro and sensas black but suspect the groundbait balls were breaking up on the way down and due to the undertow could have ended up miles away lol[:eek:)]

i think I'll try a feeder next time but wouldn't rule the pole out if I get the feeding right.

Can you put dry groundbait in a pva bag [?]or just pellets.

sladey

What you targeting first of all so you cant tailor your gb too the species?

Status
Not open for further replies.