hayfield pellets??

Status
Not open for further replies.

weg

Hi people in a open here on monday!! is there a colour mixed in with the feed pellets (hallcroft red lindholme blue)ive got that many colours ive lost track whos is whos and do they sell some decent hooker pellets to save me going to find some tomorrow cheers

pegasus

benny
rob hitchens of fisho and yorkshire bait fame runs the lakes now mate so i would supose the pellets and baits that the shop sells will be ok

waggman

Hi Weg

What lake did you fish, i am in a charity match there next weekend how did it fish and what methods were catching.

Regards Dave

PorkRocker

I fish hayfield regularly and no there isnt but you can get green coloured pellets. I just go with the standard trout pellet coloured ones, 4mm feed, 8mm on hook!

I fished Hayfields today and it was poor to say the least. Fished the first lake and it was rubbish! I managed about 4 carp (biggest 13lb) and one solitary tench. Everyone was struggling for bites - 12-4 was dreadful, fish were topping but not interested at all. Maybe its because theyve just finished spawning, I dont know. I recommend fishing about 8 metres on the deck with pellet and abit of groundbait cupped in. A guy next to me was doing this and had a few. But even he stopped catching at around 12, and subsquently packed up after that.

Rich.T

Fished it about a month ago and the guy in the shop told us method feeder was doing all the damage, but I also heard on the bank a couple of matches had been won on straight lead cattying pellets over the top.

PorkRocker

Method feeder is v good here, I fished it today and had most of my fish on it, would definitely set method up, plus pole and pellet waggler.

chrishorobin

Can you use any pellets at Hayfield ? or do you have to use theirs ? as i have a load of Skrettings already.

Cheers Chris

PorkRocker

I was using ringers bag up mix on the method feeder with 8mm pellet on a bait band. The garlic rob hitchens ground bait also works and is sold in the shop.

You HAVE to use their feed pellets but you can use any hook pellet you want.

PorkRocker

I'm not sure mate - I've not used it at Hayfields. I'd just stick to pellet or paste ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.