HAYFIELD LAKES (ADAMS)

Status
Not open for further replies.

wuffie

I will be fishing a match this Sunday and need to know what bans if any,ad obviously what to target and how.Is it the same lake thats used in fish a mania?there will be about 28 of us and is also the first round of the pairs match and I dont want to let any one down.

norm

wuffie it has been a while since i have been there

but no barbed hooks

and i dont think you can use method feeder like they do in the fishamania

for bait just a little tip if all else fails try cooked muscle fished about 2 ft deep (on a heavyish wagler)

you can get them (muscles) from the cheap freezer shops at 99p per bag

and use a large hook (if you use them let me know how you get on)

i use them on carp lakes and belive me they work

--im looking for a better peg

breambasher

hi wuffie home from home for me.the fish are all over but peg 34 35 36 and 18 to 22 are real flyers peg 34 is at the side of the bridge on big adams(youll see what i mean when you get there)you want to fish to the bush on the far side of the channel size 10 hook nothing above .14 dia line though they are a bit finicky double bag up pellet or past on the hook.if they arent there then straight out in front of you @ 7 to 8 mtrs on the deck with the same bait keep firing pellet out to around 20 mtrs mix some floaters in and watch for the swirls go at these with pellet or a small piece of bread arond a foot and a half deep on the wag dont put the floating pole out they seem to have got wise to it.peg35 36 and 18 to 22 follow the later of this there arent any features to fish to.you should be looking for around 70 to 80 to frame.as for the other part of your question about fishomania no its not the lake they use thats called lucys but they are using adams this year though.a bit more info the lakes are named after robins children(robin being robin gofarth the owner/millionair who owns the lake)the average depth is around 8 1/2 feet at 8mtrs.theres also a pub on site thats open all day.any way hope you have a great time need any more info email me.

im mad for it

keith

Gandhi
Site Supporter
Wuffie,

Not fished it since last year but on the day floating pole caught well.Just keep trickling the bait in and the fish came up in the water.Pellet on the hook did the trick.Caught plenty of roach as well as carp.If no joy then still feed the same but fish on the deck with paste or pellet.

Keith

Golfs a game for people who can't catch fish

animal

quote:
I will be fishing a match this Sunday and need to know what bans if any,ad obviously what to target and how.Is it the same lake thats used in fish a mania?there will be about 28 of us and is also the first round of the pairs match and I dont want to let any one down.

Status
Not open for further replies.