Hayfield Lake Doncaster

Status
Not open for further replies.

keith

Gandhi
Site Supporter
4th October 2002

Our final match against our opposite numbers at Wakefield would decide the team and individual leagues that we run simultaneously.

Hayfield Lakes near Doncaster was the venue and 10 of us travelled up to the "bleak and desolute north" for a good days fishing and good company.

The individual league leader Mark Hopkinson and Kevin Lake his nearest rival were pegged close to each other and a good battle could take place with each being able to see each other.

Myself had the island in front of me and a cast with a groundbait feeder and corn produced small taps but no positive bites from the resident carp.A switch to catmeat and the tip went straight round.A couple of fish then nothing.This carried on throughout the match.

Kevin had already lost a big fish at the net fishing the bottom and Mark was catching up in the water.

Final result was 1st Keith Ashby 36lb 2oz
2nd Mark Hopkinson 29lb 4oz
3rd Howard Johnson 26lb 10oz
4th Vic Nugent 18lb 0oz
5th David Ashby 14lb 14oz
6th Kevin Lake 14lb 2oz

Overall the team event was won by Milton Keynes on the day but Wakefield won the shield over the four matches.

Mark Hopkinson won the individual league with Kevin Lake runners-up and myself 3rd.

A meal in the a local hostelry was enjoyed washed down by a few lagers rounded the day off nicely before we made the long journey back darn souff.

Keith

Golfs a game for people who can't catch fish

teepee

12/04/02 - 10/01/19
In Memoriam
Nice one Keith,
by the way what peg No.

teepee.

MALC

Well done Keith on the win on the day by the Team and yourself (you can do it when Kev A is away).LOL

Good performances by Vic and Kev for the MK side.

Malc
Fish with Friends @ MaggotDrowning.com

keith

Gandhi
Site Supporter
Teepee,

Peg 17

Malc,

Kev A was lying 6th in the all winners week last time i heard after 3 matches.2 section wins and a 4th in section i believe.

Keith

Golfs a game for people who can't catch fish

Status
Not open for further replies.