Hayfield Lake Doncaster

Status
Not open for further replies.

keith

Gandhi
Site Supporter
The last of our series of intersite matches is taking place on the 4th Oct at the above venue.Can anyone tell me how to fish the lake with the island,Lucys i think.

I think it was pellet to the island on a feeder but how do you catch on pegs that you cannot get to the island.Is it pole at depth with what or shallow.Is the waggler a viable option or even bagging waggler.

What depths baits etc will i require.

Keith

Golfs a game for people who can't catch fish

Dave Moore

Paste King
Keith

I will have a word in the local tackle shops for you, also whilst on the road I will try and pop in have a look around for you...

I do know that method is banned as for what else is allowed I will make some enquiries...

DaveM

keith

Gandhi
Site Supporter
Cheers Dave,

Any info is better than nothing especially as we are behind in the team event and need a result to pull us back up and make it interesting.

Keith

teepee

12/04/02 - 10/01/19
In Memoriam
Hiya Keith, was on lucy's 3 weeks ago pegs 35 to 54 i think the first peg on the island is 45 and 52 the last, our match was won on bread on the top in fact top 3 all caught on bread 45lb, 32lb, 31lb, but they did'nt catch till the afternoon,
on the pole pellet and cat/meat at 11 to 13 mtrs, its quite deep on the pole 10 to 12ft. floats of 1grm. to 1grm. depending on wind, if you're on the island its a good chuck and you need to drop within 2ft or it will drop down the slope, like you said feeder with g/bait and pellet or hair rigged meat, hair rigged corn,
hope that helps,

teepee.

keith

Gandhi
Site Supporter
Cheers Teepee for the response,someone has mentioned catching on red pellets on the pole line presumably feeding smaller versions.Cat meat will be an option as we have a little experience of this(ask Malc about the summer series) so will form part of our attack.
Forgot about bread.Is it the cigar method or plain flake or crust.
Do expander pellets work there?

So many questions so little time

Keith.

teepee

12/04/02 - 10/01/19
In Memoriam
Hiya Keith, yes cigar method, also if there's no wind fishing the bread on a small running bomb, after casting feeding line out so the bread is on the top, cos if they can see the floating line, they turn away from it,
dont no about red pellets,
expanders or what ever you feel confident with it didn't seem to matter, fish the cat meat & pellet on the same line, when i fished and also in practise you'd get 2 or 3 fish then nothing for an hour. this wasn't just me but everyone, its as though they either spook or they patrol and stop to feed and move on.
forgot to say pellet & paste at 6mtr, you're on the slope at that so if the float drags under just inch it up the slope, this seems to be the best approach.

teepee.

keith

Gandhi
Site Supporter
Cheers Teepee

if i think of anything else will let you know

Keith

keith

Gandhi
Site Supporter
Teepee,

Fished catmeat on the feeder to the island and won match with 36lb.not a sniff on the pole although only fished it half heartedly.

Keith

teepee

12/04/02 - 10/01/19
In Memoriam
Keith nice one mate well done.

teepee.

Status
Not open for further replies.