Have you peaked yet.

Me and my lad

Site Supporter
Maybe it is more about being settled in life. 20s carefree and in your prime and fishing is focused.. In your 30s you probably have young ones at home and concentration is lower . 40s and early 50s you are settled and have less stress so fishing improves Then comes along ailments, divorce etc. And angling downturn.Finally retirement and full commitment to fishing again. I think it is more peaks and troughs if that makes sense

davylad

Site Supporter
I dont think i will beat the 12 year i had with my last club, winning the league 11 times and second the time i didnt. My attention at the moment is back to where i started as a kid on the Rivers, but i will deffo be back on the matches either in a club or on the opens.
Do you ever regret not joining a better club Wisey, where the competition might have been better? Maybe just fishing opens, where it would have taken you to the next level maybe?

Wise Owl

Account Locked
Do you ever regret not joining a better club Wisey, where the competition might have been better? Maybe just fishing opens, where it would have taken you to the next level maybe?
Be honest with ya mate i was doing opens as well, it sounds like i had no competition it was close every year between 5 - 6 on us, i think most like my sen were there for the Banter more than owt else.

dave brittain 1

Site Supporter
Peaked, retired twice due to injury and relegated to has been :cry: Comeback 3 is a work in progress when we get out of lock down, however the likely hood is that past form will never be recaptured as fishing will be limited, however you have to have a positive mental attitude otherwise you are beat before you start.

Besides we all think we have one more good match left in us so best of luck to the others like me who won't give up for lack of trying :D