Have you got enough fishing in this year?

Zerkalo

Site Supporter
It’s August and it feels like September is around the corner, two months that should make for some cracking fishing so I plan to be out as much as possible, but it’s not long until October now when I still fish but on different venues that are a bit quieter in the colder months.

Looking back since the rivers have been open I’ve only had 4 float fishing sessions and 4 Barbel fishing sessions. I plan to at least double that by October or it will feel as though I haven’t done enough and time really will have flown.

The Severn will be where I concentrate but it means that I probably won’t get out to do some Crucian or Tench fishing, just not enough time in the year it seems!

chefster

Shedster!!
Site Supporter
What with illness and now work, the answer is NO !! Hopefully get on 2 matches a week now, but I’ve missed so much, I’m always playing catch-up, with what’s working etc

Zerkalo

Site Supporter
What with illness and now work, the answer is NO !! Hopefully get on 2 matches a week now, but I’ve missed so much, I’m always playing catch-up, with what’s working etc

Glad to see you are back on it though mate! And doing well by the sounds of it...

OldTaff

Site Supporter
The last 2 weeks I’ve done more than the last 15yrs !

I now need to factor in regular sessions to keep fuelling my son‘s current enthusiasm as we approach autumn & winter. Currently every session is a bonus.

Karl

Silverfisher

Site Supporter
I definitely have given the furlough situation. After just one session before lockdown I've fished comfortably over 30 sessions in the last 3 months which is about what I'd normally manage in a whole year. I'm sure by the end of the year I'll have hit a number of sessions that I'll not likely ever repeat.

I think so far I must have done about a couple dozen sessions give or take a couple on the thames then half a dozen on stillwaters and a handful down the canal. Then in the 3 weeks I have left of furlough weather permiting I'm aiming to do at least another half dozen on the thames plus hopefully a couple at sea. Therefore even with fitting it in around work and maybe floods after furlough I should be able to clear 50 sessions by the end of the year.

Zerkalo

Site Supporter
This is for Hampton Loade tomorrow.

2020-08-08 15.09.12.jpg

I'll be up before first light to cook it. :D Fancy it for a few fish despite the river probably being low. I need 3 Barbel to take my total to 18 fish in 9 sessions overall and maintain my 2:1 catch ratio.

Silverfisher

Site Supporter
Reckon it’ll be tough tomorrow but could be good later in the week after all the rain that’s forecast. I’m planning a Bream/perch session on Monday then there’s forecast 3 days of rain followed by apparently a nice warm, dry, grey and relatively calm day on Friday that should be good for a roach day. Supposed to be sea fishing next Sunday but the mate who says he’ll take us can be a bit flakey.

rd115

Non-catcher of Barbel
Site Supporter
tbf i've had enough of fishing at the moment, everywhere is rammed and too much bait gone in. ruined it a bit.

Zerkalo

Site Supporter
If anyone fancies Hampton Loade tomorrow I'll be in the car park on Kinver Freeliners stretch about 4.30am. :) Going to walk down to the pegs past the canoe stop where I had a fish and lost two this winter.

feldri

Site Supporter
Unfortunately I haven't been out for a session since last October. I don't do well in cold weather and suffer with bad lungs. The covid19 has kept me indoors as I really don't want to catch this virus. Did think about a session on the local cut but decided it wasn't worth it. 2020 as far as I'm concerned is a year I'd like to forget and hopefully 2021 will bring more joy.

Total

Site Supporter
If anyone fancies Hampton Loade tomorrow I'll be in the car park on Kinver Freeliners stretch about 4.30am. :) Going to walk down to the pegs past the canoe stop where I had a fish and lost two this winter.

There's a coachload of us arriving at 4.00 am on the above mentioned stretch! :love: ;) ....Just kidding....Enjoy your day mate. Be lucky.(y)

davej1981

No deffo not, had just over 20yrs off the bank, started planning my return when the weather picked up and along came covid 19. Finally manged to get 2 sessions in when kids went back to school now they off for the school hols so no chance! Unforeseen circumstances has now lead to me having to put my gear up for sale ??? , whether someone buys it or not no fishing for me for at least the rest of this year if not longer

Silver fan 82

I've not been as much as maybe I would have liked but with two little kids I have to make the most of every available session. Definitely a case of not enough time.
Having said that I have beaten my Tench, Bream and Carp PBs so it's been a good season so far.
Come the winter I'll probably concentrate on Perch and Chub fishing.

Cobweb

Site Supporter
Not at the moment as it's far too warm for me down here in the south east. Hope to be out towards the end of next week trying to beat my pbs on everything. I enjoy earlier and later in the year. I always get enough fishing

tipitinmick

Site Supporter
This is for Hampton Loade tomorrow.

2020-08-08 15.09.12.jpg

I'll be up before first light to cook it. :D Fancy it for a few fish despite the river probably being low. I need 3 Barbel to take my total to 18 fish in 9 sessions overall and maintain my 2:1 catch ratio.
Hi Zerkalo,

Can I suggest something my mate ? Save some pennies up, find your nearest Tesco's and buy yourself a slow cooker. They are about £12. Put the amount of hemp in you require, fill with water, turn dial to medium, plug in at 8 / 9pm and your hemp will be done to perfection in the morning. Add a teaspoon of bicarb if you want your hemp on the dark side before cooking. I place my slow cookers in the garage so the smell doesn't lead to a divorce. ???

Good luck tomorrow my mate. ?

Zerkalo

Site Supporter
Yeah a slow cooker is a good idea. Will save me some time in the morning. :) (y)

Just been to the tackle shop. This is for tomorrow. Well it says Big Fish on it lol so here's hoping.

2020-08-08 16.48.59.jpg

Silverfisher

Site Supporter
Flask method the night before is the way I do it. There was a thread on it on here not that long ago. Admittedly looks like you'd need a big flask for your lot lol