Have you got all the tackle you need?

rudd

Site Supporter
There is something I do need but cannot buy!

A bite.

A post on another thread shoukd see that right 😈😆😆😆

Silverfisher

Site Supporter
I think the only limitation on how much you need is your imagination. If you really wanted to cover all bases you could just keep finding stuff to get. If you had the means space and finances wise of course!

Markywhizz

Clueless member
Site Supporter
I’ve got everything I need and want, in life and fishing. I am very contended thank you. We have both retired now and life is just so much better. Once you have got a big drop in income you lose the want mentality. Once wanting starts it never ends.

Cobweb

Site Supporter
I don’t think you could ever have enough! There’s always something you could get it.
Agreed. ~There's always room for improvement. I've just identified a gap in my armoury of rods for close range work both on float and feeder (don't tell the missus)

Don’tTellEmYourName

Site Supporter
Our postie is very good, any parcels ‘rod shaped’ or marked as coming from a fishing store are carefully stashed in the wood shed. That’s what I call service.

feldri

Site Supporter
The question really has to be, where do you draw the line between need and want? :unsure:
The difference between need and want is a person's mindset. If I want something I ask myself, "Do I need it?" If the answer is yes, I buy it, if the answer is no, then I don't, and soon forget about it. I've bought stuff I've needed at the time and then not needed anymore, so sold on.

icaughtafishonce

All the tackle I need? Sorta. I still need a bit of luggage and some kind of decent seating.

All the tackle I want? Currently looking at the following:

LRF rod and reel
'medium' spinning rod (HTO Nebula Travel) and a shimano reel to go with
Two Handed Salmon rod (and reel and line) - I'm sort of waiting to see if Cadence bring out a sensibly priced rod, or if it'll have the normal 'Salmon tax' added.
10ft 7 weight for reservoir trouting (and reel, Di5, inter and floating lines...)
Accessory chair (planning on a Korum S23 I think)
Brolly
Quiver
Ruckall
Decent set of waterproofs
New lifejacket

stikflote

Site Supporter
Yes i have far too much fishing tackle. i have Rods that's never been used, two 16 mttr poles four margin poles three seatboxes.
The problem I cant use all it at same time ,
maybe one quiver rod and a pole ,
I don't have enough time to go fishing , ,plus I no longer go fishing on my own.
Looking through my rods I came across a Preston Feeder system its three butts three carriers, makes 11 12 and 13 ft rods you can
have two of them made up ,
I cant remember ever using it ,if I did it was years ago

Deejay8

Site Supporter
"There's things I want, There's things I think I want, There's things I've had, There's things I want to have. I'm just looking, I'm not buying. I'm just looking, Keeps me smiling."
Just Looking - Stereophonics

There only thing I really need is a couple of pole rollers. And probably a Penrose barrow platform(finances allowing). That's all I need at the moment. Next year I will be looking to get another feeder rod and various feeder accessories. But for this year I'm going to concentrate on the float, be it waggler or pole. I've spent a year getting all the kit I need to get started, as money has been earnt from my part time cleaning job. So I'm fairly well sorted for now. I've just ordered a carry all bag from Midwater, so apart from bait, I'm done spending for now.

There are things I want but don't need. A Drennan Tench Float mk1, a nice split cane float rod, a Shakespeare Sigma Match 1831/360 just like my first rod, a Shakespeare Alpha Carp Polyestel rod, and some old Mitchell and Abu reels. But I don't need them. These are just things that might appear if I have a large windfall one day. I'm just looking, I'm not buying. It keeps me smiling.

Zerkalo

Site Supporter
I seem to spend just as much on bits and bobs, perishables and disposables etc can soon adds up. Not to mention bait, buying stuff in bulk so it's cheaper and lasts all season I have £69 in my basket on the Hinders website waiting to buy. :LOL:

icaughtafishonce

I seem to spend just as much on bits and bobs, perishables and disposables etc can soon adds up. Not to mention bait, buying stuff in bulk so it's cheaper and lasts all season I have £69 in my basket on the Hinders website waiting to buy. :LOL:
This is where fly fishing actually ends up cheaper. Once I've bought my club memberships and maybe £20 of flies to top up the box, I don't have to pay to fish again. Last time I went out Tench fishing I paid about £5 in worms and a tin of corn. It adds up quick and suddenly you've spent a lot. Especially with some groundbait at £7-8 a bag as well.