Have you got all the tackle you need?

OldTaff

Site Supporter
I’ve got everything I need to catch fish but that’s not to say I wouldn’t upgrade some of it if I could afford to.

I‘d love to get a newer box with a footplate for starters - Jacob has box envy from last Sunday :rolleyes: - but unless lottery or similar drops a few quid my way I’ll make do and mend as required.

tipitinmick

Site Supporter
I was going to say rod and reel wise yes,but if two Shimano Diaflash 2.25's came along at the right price I could be tempted,as for terminal tackle replace it as needed.
Catfish Steve ? Bit heavy for you those aren’t they ?

Zerkalo

Site Supporter
On BBC Radio 2 they play a song I think from the Muppets, "I've got everything that I need, right in front of me... life's a happy song", that I ended up singing to myself one weir session last year.

feldri

Site Supporter
I’ve got everything I need to catch fish but that’s not to say I wouldn’t upgrade some of it if I could afford to.

I‘d love to get a newer box with a footplate for starters - Jacob has box envy from last Sunday :rolleyes: - but unless lottery or similar drops a few quid my way I’ll make do and mend as required.
What type of box have you got, and has your lad got one? Reason I ask is because I might be able to help you out. PM me if you want.

tipitinmick

Site Supporter
The question really has to be, where do you draw the line between need and want? :unsure:
Fishing tackle is a NEED Peter. Everything else is a WANT at best. 🤣🤣. My missus says that we NEED a new kitchen. That’s not a NEED is it ? That’s barely a WANT. Let’s be sensible. Now a new Maver Superlithium plus extra top kits, now that is a proper NEED is that. 🤣🤣

NoCarpPlease

Site Supporter
So..... rather than start a new thread, what's the best fridge to use for bait? Has to be big enough for at least 4 baitboxes but not so big said boxes would look lonely. I don't use pellets and any leftover groundbait goes in the bottom drawer of the freezer.
As Mick said, local selling pages ... then place a Daiwa sticker on it for ultimate tackle tartiness : ;)

peterb

Site Supporter
I think it's called chasing rainbows , I'm 73 next month and still fit enough to fish regularly , I've got a reasonable collection of rods and reels plus all the other bits and pieces which are probably going to outlive me so I've decided it's time to call a halt and just buy the consumables unless anything packs up or gets broken .

The Landlord

Site Supporter
I want a brolly that doesn't get in the way, a catty that doesn't snap midway through the pull back, bait tubs with hinged lids(where do bait tub lids go to?) hooklengths that dont tangle when you take them out the packet, a pole that doesn't hydraulically lock when it gets wet, waterproofs that keep my @rse dry, thermals that keep me warm without having to plug into the national grid, braid that sinks, barb hook friendly landing net(dont believe what they tell you) groundbait that doesn't float 5 yards out of your swim before sinking, weighing scales with a dial that doesn't flicker like a Chernobyl gieger counter(dont like digi scales) crystal floats that dont sink because without knowing, you split the plastic............. there are more but l need to lie down😕
Jeez....you're one fussy bugger!

sly

bit better gear,still no idea
Site Supporter
Catfish Steve ? Bit heavy for you those aren’t they ?
I got a pair of " the bugs " in 2.5,and realized I didn't need owt that powerful,so went and bought a pair of "stradics" in 2.25 cos pockets weren't deep enough for the original Diaflash 😭

tipitinmick

Site Supporter
I got a pair of " the bugs " in 2.5,and realized I didn't need owt that powerful,so went and bought a pair of "stradics" in 2.25 cos pockets weren't deep enough for the original Diaflash 😭
That ‘ poor pensioner ‘ mate of yours is rubbing off on ya Steve. 😳🤣

Yosemite Sam

Site Supporter
I recently went into a very large fishing tackle shop. Looked around and came out without making a purchase. I sat in the car in total disbelief, nearly took my temperature to see if there was something wrong.....
Go and give yourself a good talking to. That is not the sort of behaviour we expect from a fisherman.😳😳😳