Have you ever had one of those days ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
What a day.

Here I am at Chez Webbo getting everything ready to go on our little jaunt to France (anybody wants some duty free's bringing back?) when the dog throws a wobbler, the PC throws a wobbler, the forum throws a wobbler and my e-mails 'broke'.

Firstly, the dog has been the receptacle for all things left over, turkey, more turkey and a bit more turkey. Which decided not to be too agreeable to its cast iron stomach.

Secondly, after downloading an update to a program my Outlook Express went completely AWOL and refused to start. It turned out to be a known bug to Microshaft which requires alot of messing around within your Registry to get the thing working again. A simple re-install doesn't make a slight bit of difference.

Thirdly, my back-up inbox threw up a few alarms that the forum wasn't working (Cheers Peter & Tim). Let's just have a few ODBC errors and db dingdongs to add to the day shall we icon_smile_big.gif. No problem, lets just overwrite the files I thought - nah nowt so simple. The server wouldn't even let me in -- ahh (at this point the missus is adding to my grief, lol). Finally, in steps James at the server end of things, a reboot, an extension of the virtual memory and we're back on line.

And finally, the e-mail thingy is now back up and running.

Anything else to go wrong tonight icon_smile_question.gif Wheres that lump of wood icon_smile_question.gif

Anyway now to passify the missus otherwise the heat in the car tomorrow might be a bit overpowering

Take care whilst I'm gone, have a good New Year and don't do anything that I wouldn't icon_smile_tongue.gif

Dave

Trogg

the bouncer
Staff member
Site Supporter
It wasn't me i didn't do it nobody saw me nobody can prove anything

& apart from that i wasn't here to crash it this time icon_smile_tongue.gif

Alan
You've just been moderated

Tim

I'm glad to see you got it sorted Dave,

Have a good time over there and 400 B&H's wouldnt go amiss

icon_smile_big.gif Tim

Peter

'Mugger'
Staff member
Site Supporter
TROGG,
You were shown as the last person to post before the forum crashed. Makes you wonder?
anim0405-1_e0.gif

Happiness is a rod in your hand.

Ziptrev

05/10/01 - 18/10/02
In Memoriam
Dave, Your going to the right place, remember 'C'est la vie' Lovely phrase when the SH 1 t hits the fan.
Is that worth 500g Drum Roll up?
Bonne Chance mon ami . enjoy
Trev

Status
Not open for further replies.