Have you ever bought something and wondered if you've made the right decision?

rudd

Serial Blanker
Site Supporter
I am just hoping Angling Direct accept returns as these rampant rigglers are not suitable for any form of angling with the exception of fishing for conger Eels! 😄

Mothy1965

Site Supporter
I have an old Rive 36 and bought a Preston Inception 360 as it was lighter and for the swivel seat
Hated it, so got the old Rive out, dispensed with all trays and put anything I needed to take in a carryall, and fitted a, jury-rigged, swivel seat
The Rive without trays is relatively light, totally stable, and I never pull out a tray to get something and spill the whole contents on the bank or in the drink
I think if you only use the box to sit on and to support attachments you might just avoid back problems and spillage
I have an old (second hand) on-box. I recently added a 4 rod ready holdall and tidied out my box (feeders and leads into a separate box)... wow, what a difference in weight without reels etc

Jimpanzee

Site Supporter
The one item I regret purchasing so far is a Preston Inertia 420. The 2nd time I used it, I realised the clutch was pants and nowhere near as smooth as the Daiwa Ninja, which was purchased for the same price. It was only ever purchased as a backup reel anyway but I’m in no rush to use it again.

stikflote

Site Supporter
Jimpanzee , #the Preston Inertia reels are the budget models ,the
clutch on the Magnitude reels is very good ,im waiting on arrival of another 320

baldpaul

Site Supporter
Bought a Preston On-Box to replace my AS1. Used a couple of times, I went back to the AS1 for a trip to Ireland as it packed into my car more easily. Whilst there I realised that despite the On-Box being more comfortable I still preferred the AS1 to fish from, so I still use it.

Arry

Aitch, Cantankerous old gimmer with "Views"
Site Supporter
Sold my old Fox canal box and bought a Milo Tardis... wish I'd never done that... the Milo weighed a ton before you put owt in it..., sold that bought Maver Signature... even worse, it fell apart first time I used it... bought a
Match Box S Class... very close to the fox box, and a cracking bit of kit, but by then I'd lost interest in match fishing and my back and knees didn't like the mass of gear I had to cart about