Have a read.

davylad

Site Supporter
This is from a friend and may possible resonate with you.?.
Maybe if people weren't too busy with their lives, or heads buried in the sand of oblivion, and understood instead of judging and thinking it doesn't happen to them because they think they have the perfect family, life will just be the bit easier for people that experience this
1f603.png
1f44d.png

This rings very close to home for me. Not only myself but for family and friends. The days of it being shut away and not talked about or criticised should be over. Yes there are some that milk the system and others that don't know or understand how much help is available. Then you get the ones that want nothing more than to be "rid" of the shadow.
In the most difficult moments of life you realize who are true friends or the people who really appreciate you
1f60a.png
Unfortunately, most friends will send you a "like", but in reality they do not take time to read your status if they see it's lengthy. More than half will stop reading right here, or have already scrolled on to the next post in their feed.
I decided to post this message in support of a very special person to me who continues to fight every day.
I'm also posting for anyone who has a friend or family member suffering a terrible mental illness.
Now I'm watching the ones who will have the time to read this post until the end. This is a little test, just to see who reads, and who shares without reading.
If you have read everything so far, select "like" so I can put a thank you in your profile. Mental health awareness is needed just because you can not see it people are suffering and dying. Maybe it will even strike up a conversation from someone that wouldn't normally talk to you because they don't know much about it.
Please, in honor of a family member or a friend who is suffering or has passed away from mental health copy and paste on your page this text.
But also try to spare a little of your time with someone who may just want to talk (about anything). Talking can help someone to cope a little more with their situation, keeping it bottled up just makes it worse.
Most people say, "if you need anything, don't hesitate to call me, I'll be there to help you". So, I'm going to make a bet that most who saw this post (maybe even read all the way to the end) won't, but I believe a select few of my friends will post this, to show their support for their family/friend who may be struggling.
You just have to copy (not share) and paste.
I'd like to know who I can count on to take a minute out of their day and actually read my status
1f60d.png
then write "done" in the comments. Thank you.

SeanB

Site Supporter
Not really sure where I'm supposed to copy it but can I just write "done" here?

Neil ofthe nene

Doing things differently.
Site Supporter
There are members of this forum to whom I have given my phone numbers and invited them to call me any time of day or night if they need help. My close friends know this already and know I mean what I say.

Far better doing something than just re-posting some guff that I don't even really understand. Even if I had anywhere to re-post to.

tipitinmick

Site Supporter
Having met ya Dave and even drank all your coffee 😳 I’d be hoping you would count me as a friend. I don’t have to say it .... you have my number. 👍

grey

Site Supporter
With it being Davylad's 6000th post, I expect he meant it to be something a bit more considered and special.

I read it (y)

david white

Site Supporter
Well I read through to the end and just been back and re read it !

I don’t ‘ do ‘ FB per sae I’m on Cadence, Yorkshire Derwent and Malton and Norton Angling club pages the rest is double Dutch and I’ve no interest in what Sharon had for dinner or who Baz is going out with ( fictional reference honest )

Not sure what Daveylad wanted from his 6000th post but whatever I hope he gets it in bucketfuls

rudd

Serial Blanker
Site Supporter
For almost a year I have regularly had wellbeing calls with my peers at work.
Everyday check my Wife and Daughters are all good.
Mum every few days.
Checked on a number of posters on here as well.

Mental health is a serious issue.

davylad

Site Supporter
Yes lads, I was in a rush and posted it thinking I was doing someone somewhere a favour, I realise it maybe wasn't really relevant, so I'm sorry if I upset anyone, didn't mean to. I understand there was no point putting it on this site really.

rudd

Serial Blanker
Site Supporter
Yes lads, I was in a rush and posted it thinking I was doing someone somewhere a favour, I realise it maybe wasn't really relevant, so I'm sorry if I upset anyone, didn't mean to. I understand there was no point putting it on this site really.
I asked mods to take a post of my own down yesterday (which they kindly did), after re reading it I realised it only worked (applied) in my own head and although totally innocent, the title was inappropriate.