Has anyone seen or heard a ghost?

robert d

Allways trying to improve
Site Supporter
Just thought this thread is worth a revival. Anyone else any stories?
Last weekend i stayed at a pub called the Red Lion Epworth near lindholme, anyway on the Friday we were at the bar booking in ,we had not had a drink ,i asked the barman if he could recommend a taxi as we were going out to Lindholme , he said try this man ,he reached around a big thing on the bar to grab a taxi card and promptly dropped it but amazingly it fell down but shot horizontally at speed into his belly ,i said what the hell happened there ,he said he didnt know ,i said f me are you Paul Daniels lol. That weekend we had to sleep with the light on as the en suite door kept opening (latch was faulty ) my wife was scared , the door never opened in the daytime when we there ,it was freezing in the en suite but warm in the room. I was in room 14 ,rooms went from 12 to 14 so i guess it should have been 13 . The place was built in 1709 and had had a fire and rebuilt , thats as far as i got . I forgot the main reason my wife was so scared , she heard a scraping noise like someone dragging a stick along the wall after the door had opened , i was asleep and never heard that .

Last edited:

BBear

Site Supporter
Seen a ghost, no, heard ghosts? Maybe……

Around 20 years ago I was measuring up a dilapidated former hospital in the countryside just outside Bristol, which was going to be renovated and converted into offices. It’s a very large Victorian building which was built as workhouse for the poor and then was used a mental asylum. It hadn’t been in use for for years. The rooms and wards were completely empty except for the odd iron bed, chair etc.

I was on my own and there all day. It was a gloomy quiet February day and I was still there in the late afternoon. I was nearly finished for the day and it was starting to get dark. Then I heard the noises. It sounded like someone walking about on the wooden floors nearby. Straight away I felt something wasn’t right and rather than investigate the sounds I grabbed my stuff and got out as quickly as I could. My car was still the only one around and there was clearly nobody else about. I’m a level headed bloke and not much usually fazes me, but I don’t mind admitting I was pretty shaken.

I went back with a colleague a few days later on a sunny day and my experiences of a few days earlier seemed ridiculous. However, the noises were real and not in my head. Someone, or something, was walking about in the empty building.

Pompous git

Site Supporter
Can you go fishing if you are a ghost?

Cab you eat pork pies if you are a ghost?

Do ghosts bonk?

Is there beer in the afterlife?

Of course not because when you are dead you are exactly that.