Has anyone seen or heard a ghost?

Wise Owl

Account Locked
Wow theres a few there
Id just Dug out 2 window Bays and made openings ready to take windows, it was the first time that cellar had seen daylight since 1899 when it was dug out. Jnr was Scabbling the old Paint of the walls that were holding Damp in thus letting it Breath. it looks really damp as it had been on Fire before we bought it and was Flooded.

Last edited:

Yorkieboy70

Site Supporter
Many years ago I was leaving work at 19.30 on a Saturday night in winter. I turned right out of our office and 100 yards along there was a pub and a cottage on the t-junction. Stopped to check the traffic and there was a noise like a car door opening and closing, interior light never came on so no doors opened. Off I went turning right at the junction and down the road. Probably about half a mile I check my rear view mirror and there is an old man sat in the back looking at me, looked away and looked back, he was gone. Pulled over in a lay by and checked doors and behind seats, he wasnt there. Went into work the next day and told work colleagues, they all took the proverbial. Any way we go for a pint at lunchtime (the one next to the cottage) on the junction. They lads still taking the mick and landlord asks what's happening. I told him my story and described the man I had seen. The landlord disappeared with a shocked look on his face, he returned with a newspaper clipping. This clipping was a picture of the man that had been in my car, he lived in the cottage but died several years before so I had never seen him. On a Saturday night he used to get a lift to knutsford for a few pints. Knutsford would be the first village I passed through on my journey home.

Last edited:

bluemack

Site Supporter
Just found a photo of jnr owl he’d have been about 13 helping me renovate our cellar. Look at the orbs
A23B016F-6FC7-4219-9FC3-EDA7F6AF827C.jpeg
I cant see the orbs for the plaster splashes on the window.:rolleyes:

commieboy257

Account Locked
daughter's house is 'active' shall we say. wife and I were there and heard some major bangs and footsteps from upstairs. we were all downstairs and she lives in a detached.
her son though who is autistic seems to have the 'eyes'. he sees things we can;t and at 3 was pointing to corners of the room and saying 'ghost there, I'm scared' or 'I can;t go upstairs there's ghosts and I'm scared'.

Wise Owl

Account Locked
Do ya Reckon Dogs Can see stuff we cant ? i know our Albert is Lets say Mischief on 4 paws and Bounces about like a balloon on a stick, but sometimes we will be on his Walk and his Fur will go up and he will be looking at summat Growling, i cant see what but he seems to be able to.

commieboy257

Account Locked
used to visit someone whose house was 'interesting'. my big Staffy wouldn;t go in some rooms, just stood there heckles up growling.

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
I knew a lad who lived on the Whithers and he wasn't the sort who'd get scared easily.
Anyway him and his missus used to say they'd hear footsteps on the stairs at night and sometimes a door upstairs could be heared opening.
Several times they'd feel like someone was entering the bedroom and a cold chill could be felt

It went on for a while and they shrugged it off until one night when he was out, she'd gone to bed and once again heard the footsteps on the stairs.
The bedroom door opened and the chilled air could be felt. She hid under the covers but then felt something lifting the quilt at the foot of the bed and brushing against her legs. Thinking it was the lad coming home and messing she jumped up to tell him to stop messing about but there was no one there.

That did it for the pair of them and they moved out shortly afterwards and gave up the tennancy.

violator

Tell us more 👍
When we were kids my mate's house had a poltergeist, so foolishly we done a ouija board, and things started moving about, in one of the bedrooms a window was jammed open and wouldn't budge, was pretty hairy, but we had that youthful braveness. Not sure the girls felt the same though, ha ha.

robert d

Allways trying to improve
Site Supporter
When we were kids my mate's house had a poltergeist, so foolishly we done a ouija board, and things started moving about, in one of the bedrooms a window was jammed open and wouldn't budge, was pretty hairy, but we had that youthful braveness. Not sure the girls felt the same though, ha ha.
Spooky, i have got goosebumps, them boards are dangerous

violator

The board told us the spirit was an RAF pilot who died in ww2 called Peter Gore, research shows there was one but his family were from Barnes in Surrey. We all lived in Plumstead but I guess they may have moved to our area.

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
I posted this on page 2 of this thread....

A friend of mine and his wife (Steve & Sue) had a house (not a million miles away from Wise Owl ;) ) and we used to go there on a regular basis for a few drinks, etc.

Sue always maintained that she had the gift to speak to spirits, and one of her regular communications was with Steve's father who tragically committed suicide when my friend/his son was young. Some of the stuff she came up with was unusual and uncanny to say the least, and Steve always maintained he could feel the presence of his father around the place.

Anyway one evening myself and a good friend (who was to become my 'best man' a few years later) turned up on their doorstep with a few bottles like you do, and we had a few drinks.
Sue at the time didn't drink much, she later went on to be an alcoholic, and was quite happy to tell us all a few of her latest communications. To say my good friend and I were skeptical was an understatement, and we scoffed a bit, too much in fact, to her annoyance.
Steve picked up on this and suggested we got 'the board' out.

Now the board wasn't one of the Waddingtons mass produced game ouija boards, it was pieces of paper cut out with letters and a few words, yes no, on which were placed on their coffee table.
An upturned glass was placed in the centre and we were all invited to place a finger on the glass.

Sue laid down a few basic rules, one of which was never take your finger off the glass unless the spirit left or allowed it.
Hocus pocus and showmanship, we thought as the beer flowed.

She went into a bit of a wierd chant, a bit akin to the medium in the film Ghost, but this was before the film came out. And it wasn't long before she was telling us that someone was in the room with us, but not Steve's late father.
I've got goose pimples on my arms as I write this :eek:

She started to ask a few questions, nothing happened. A few questions more and the glass started to move gently across the table. minutes passed by and the glass was still moving spelling out random letters which meant nothing.

By now my friend and I were starting to take the micky saying that it was a set up and that Steve and Sue were taking the mick with us. Sue asked the 'spirit' if she and Steve could be excused, and once again the glass slowly moved towards the 'Yes' piece of paper. They took their fingers off the glass just leaving mine and my friend's, both of which were only lightly placed, both of us getting bored and wanting to do something else.

Sue then stated that someone else was with us, someone she couldn't make out and again started to ask a few questions, slowly calmly asking away, simple questions ... and then the glass moved. it moved from one letter to another, creeping across the table in a slow but definite movement.
My friend looked at me, I looked at him, we both started accusing each other of pushing the glass- I knew it wasn't me.
Sue started to sound firm, telling us both to pack it in, telling us both to be quiet, and that was it, I took my finger off the glass as it was sliding across the table, my friend took his finger off because I had done so. The glass stopped still.

"There it was you all along" I said (or words to the effect of). Sue was having a mini fit by then ranting and apologising to the unseen. The glass moved, no one was touching it, and then it flew across the table and fell to the floor!

Sue by then was shouting at us to stay where we were. to shut up, sit down. Steve had gone quiet, to quiet, out of character. **** this, myself and friend left the house into the street and legged it, not knowing not understanding what had happened or what we'd seen!

A few days later we returned and after that moment nothing more was said about that night in their house.

robert d

Site Supporter
The board told us the spirit was an RAF pilot who died in ww2 called Peter Gore, research shows there was one but his family were from Barnes in Surrey. We all lived in Plumstead but I guess they may have moved to our area.
Maybe he was posted there 🤔

robert d

Site Supporter
I posted this on page 2 of this thread....

A friend of mine and his wife (Steve & Sue) had a house (not a million miles away from Wise Owl ;) ) and we used to go there on a regular basis for a few drinks, etc.

Sue always maintained that she had the gift to speak to spirits, and one of her regular communications was with Steve's father who tragically committed suicide when my friend/his son was young. Some of the stuff she came up with was unusual and uncanny to say the least, and Steve always maintained he could feel the presence of his father around the place.

Anyway one evening myself and a good friend (who was to become my 'best man' a few years later) turned up on their doorstep with a few bottles like you do, and we had a few drinks.
Sue at the time didn't drink much, she later went on to be an alcoholic, and was quite happy to tell us all a few of her latest communications. To say my good friend and I were skeptical was an understatement, and we scoffed a bit, too much in fact, to her annoyance.
Steve picked up on this and suggested we got 'the board' out.

Now the board wasn't one of the Waddingtons mass produced game ouija boards, it was pieces of paper cut out with letters and a few words, yes no, on which were placed on their coffee table.
An upturned glass was placed in the centre and we were all invited to place a finger on the glass.

Sue laid down a few basic rules, one of which was never take your finger off the glass unless the spirit left or allowed it.
Hocus pocus and showmanship, we thought as the beer flowed.

She went into a bit of a wierd chant, a bit akin to the medium in the film Ghost, but this was before the film came out. And it wasn't long before she was telling us that someone was in the room with us, but not Steve's late father.
I've got goose pimples on my arms as I write this :eek:

She started to ask a few questions, nothing happened. A few questions more and the glass started to move gently across the table. minutes passed by and the glass was still moving spelling out random letters which meant nothing.

By now my friend and I were starting to take the micky saying that it was a set up and that Steve and Sue were taking the mick with us. Sue asked the 'spirit' if she and Steve could be excused, and once again the glass slowly moved towards the 'Yes' piece of paper. They took their fingers off the glass just leaving mine and my friend's, both of which were only lightly placed, both of us getting bored and wanting to do something else.

Sue then stated that someone else was with us, someone she couldn't make out and again started to ask a few questions, slowly calmly asking away, simple questions ... and then the glass moved. it moved from one letter to another, creeping across the table in a slow but definite movement.
My friend looked at me, I looked at him, we both started accusing each other of pushing the glass- I knew it wasn't me.
Sue started to sound firm, telling us both to pack it in, telling us both to be quiet, and that was it, I took my finger off the glass as it was sliding across the table, my friend took his finger off because I had done so. The glass stopped still.

"There it was you all along" I said (or words to the effect of). Sue was having a mini fit by then ranting and apologising to the unseen. The glass moved, no one was touching it, and then it flew across the table and fell to the floor!

Sue by then was shouting at us to stay where we were. to shut up, sit down. Steve had gone quiet, to quiet, out of character. **** this, myself and friend left the house into the street and legged it, not knowing not understanding what had happened or what we'd seen!

A few days later we returned and after that moment nothing more was said about that night in their house.
Goosebumps on Goosebumps now ,my school teacher had a similar thing except it was a great big table that flew across a room ,he said never ever go on those boards

rudd

Serial Blanker
Site Supporter
Some have high intelligence, some have talent, sport, art, music, math, literature - some are more in tune with tge spiritual world around us.
Explain Auschwitz. Deathly silence. Not even an animal goes there Birds at Auschwitz ?

rudd

Serial Blanker
Site Supporter
A very good reason why ghosts cannot be caught on camera - they are some form of radiowave.

I know too many people who have told me stories of their experiences, some very harrowing and definitely dont know how I would of reacted if it happened to me.
We run off electricity, you can tune into the big bang in the form of white noise which happened 13.8 billion years ago. No reason for a living objects electrical imprint to somehow be captured in our dimension.

violator

Some have high intelligence, some have talent, sport, art, music, math, literature - some are more in tune with tge spiritual world around us.
Explain Auschwitz. Deathly silence. Not even an animal goes there Birds at Auschwitz ?
I noticed the very same thing when I visited Dachau, huge great trees inside the former camp and there wasn't a single bird in any of them