Has anyone seen or heard a ghost?

Phillip MGBGT

Site Supporter
When we were kids we used to go and walk through the woods and in the ruins of an ancient priory that was said to be haunted. We never saw anything as kids but now we have "paranormal investigators" with all there high tech equipment going there and swearing blue murder that there is a presence there.
Strange that we never did as kids but aren't to keen on going there now after dark.
Do we get more receptive as we get older or just get more sense and keep away.
One group who went and did an investigation saw an old man and his dog as it was breaking light who had all the gear to go rabbiting but was in the next field. A guy who lives on the estate went down around 7.00 to see how they did, and they mentioned about the old guy.
He said "oh that's my grandad and his dog going rabbiting"
"Oh" they said, he said to them "yes but he died 20yrs ago"
That made em wonder, it was though true his grandad but he was still alive.

Scribe

Official Supplier of Pork Pies to the Drowners
Site Supporter
I am still haunted by all the fish I have hooked and lost, does that count ? :)

robert d

Allways trying to improve
Site Supporter
if you want stories of seeing loved ones in our last hours check this out. it is also a study into the possible causes of such 'apparitions'.
long story short - it is NOT your brain acting to shield you from the situation ;)
The Art of Dying

Never in human history have we had such an intricate network of surveillance equipment - from military hardware, GPS and spy satellites, CCTV cameras and then the tens of millions of people with phone cameras that would have seemed like science fiction 30 years ago. We can record in the infra-red, the visible spectrum and in ultra-violet - you can't fart without somebody seeing or detecting it

And yet with all this hardware, all this ability to record everything we see or do nobody has ever provided a convincing image of a ghost - just fakes and shadowy, out-of-focus, blurry objects that could be anything.
Doesn't it seem strange that 'Orbs' have only started to be commonly recorded once everyone switched to digital cameras - they were rarely seen or commented upon on traditional film cameras or even home cine-cameras. It's actually a phenomenon known as backscatter and has nothing to do with any paranormal event but simply the way digital cameras process the image.

If I had ghostly phenomenon occurring in my house on a regular basis I'd have cameras galore set and ready to record it.
But nobody ever does - I wonder why

Simon
Ive seen loads of orbs and so did everyone present in my house without a camera ,just whizzing about and then disappearing. No drink or drugs ,have we got digital eyes . 🤔

Tristar

Site Supporter
I'm on the fence with this however there was a Tristar back in the mid 90's based at MAN that had salvaged parts from the crashed Eastern L1011 in the Florida Everglades in the 1970's. The flight deck crew would appear in some shape or form on any L1011 that had salvaged parts from the Everglades crash. Crew members were not happy about flying this particular aircraft as they were convinced it was haunted due to sightings and experiences.

Crew reported strange noises, odd smells and ghostly like figures.........nowadays that would be the regular Ryanair 6am flight down to Ibiza!

I'm really 50/50 on this, a house I lived at years ago with the Ex had odd goings on, burning toast smell whenever there were tension between us, it used to freak her out, we checked neighbours and nobody was making toast. If we had a row or any tension then burning toast, even others smelt it. Burning food smell was normal when she was cooking but it was always the burnt toast smell when tensions were high or any problem.

Cut a long story short, my daughter who is 5yrs old is struggling with Covid but getting slightly better. I took a few bags of shopping to her last week, put it on the driveway, phoned the Ex then walked back to the car spoke to her from a distance, I was buzzing to see her recovering. Got home, and the flat stank of burnt toast, my partner was scared as she smelt it again as I did. I do believe in coincidence but starting to wonder.

If it is something sinister then I want Clinton Baptiste (Phoenix Nights) to deal with it. Could do with a laugh.

robert d

Site Supporter
I'm on the fence with this however there was a Tristar back in the mid 90's based at MAN that had salvaged parts from the crashed Eastern L1011 in the Florida Everglades in the 1970's. The flight deck crew would appear in some shape or form on any L1011 that had salvaged parts from the Everglades crash. Crew members were not happy about flying this particular aircraft as they were convinced it was haunted due to sightings and experiences.

Crew reported strange noises, odd smells and ghostly like figures.........nowadays that would be the regular Ryanair 6am flight down to Ibiza!

I'm really 50/50 on this, a house I lived at years ago with the Ex had odd goings on, burning toast smell whenever there were tension between us, it used to freak her out, we checked neighbours and nobody was making toast. If we had a row or any tension then burning toast, even others smelt it. Burning food smell was normal when she was cooking but it was always the burnt toast smell when tensions were high or any problem.

Cut a long story short, my daughter who is 5yrs old is struggling with Covid but getting slightly better. I took a few bags of shopping to her last week, put it on the driveway, phoned the Ex then walked back to the car spoke to her from a distance, I was buzzing to see her recovering. Got home, and the flat stank of burnt toast, my partner was scared as she smelt it again as I did. I do believe in coincidence but starting to wonder.

If it is something sinister then I want Clinton Baptiste (Phoenix Nights) to deal with it. Could do with a laugh.
Hope your daughter recovers quickly ,smells are very common with ghosts ,and chilled air or rooms

Wise Owl

Account Locked
I mentioned working in the Whitelocks pub in Leeds, sometime with Just me and Jnr Owl in the Upstairs of the Pub we could smell Stale Cig smoke, and i mean like pipe tobacco. Neither of us smoked and no other person was in the pub.

robert d

Site Supporter
I mentioned working in the Whitelocks pub in Leeds, sometime with Just me and Jnr Owl in the Upstairs of the Pub we could smell Stale Cig smoke, and i mean like pipe tobacco. Neither of us smoked and no other person was in the pub.
I worked on an old building in Whitby ,had been used as a church ,cinema and stores . Me and my son were converting the upper loft area ,we used to go down to have lunch and we were amazed a few times to here loud dragging sounds across the floor above ,detached building , it sounded like large bags of rubble , no one was there 100% as we used a ladder for access and theyd have to pass us . I think it was called the padock (rd)

Wise Owl

Account Locked
Heres a Little bit of History to Whitelocks, it first got Electricty in 1897 and the original Fittings are still to be seen in the old upstairs Bar area, its now a Storeroom and no ones allowed in but intimes gone by tale has it it was where Dodgy Dealings went on. This is where me and Owl jnr were working.

robert d

Site Supporter
Heres a Little bit of History to Whitelocks, it first got Electricty in 1897 and the original Fittings are still to be seen in the old upstairs Bar area, its now a Storeroom and no ones allowed in but intimes gone by tale has it it was where Dodgy Dealings went on. This is where me and Owl jnr were working.

The Grand hotel Scarborough is haunted ,the staff have had loads of goings on . My sisters booked a large room ,sheets and allsorts being lifted ,they went to see the booking staff and she said i know what your going to say ,well get you another room

Wise Owl

Account Locked
The Grand hotel Scarborough is haunted ,the staff have had loads of goings on . My sisters booked a large room ,sheets and allsorts being lifted ,they went to see the booking staff and she said i know what your going to say ,well get you another room
Ive stayed there a few times mate but have been that Drunk when we got back i wouldnt know a Ghost from a Maid changing a Duvet Cover

1611044912461.png

robert d

Site Supporter
Ive stayed there a few times mate but have been that Drunk when we got back i wouldnt know a Ghost from a Maid changing a Duvet Cover

1611044912461.png
The story i was telling was whilst they were getting ready to go out ,they hadnt slept in it yet lol ,scared them sheetless lol

nico12

Grebe Grabber
Not sure if ive posted this before ( earched this thread) but I only have one 'story' and it still baffles me today. Around 15 years ago or so I arranged to meet a mate at a Notts AA water ( in Kirklington - no longer on the book) at 6.30am in the then car park ( not been for years)

I arrived early as I lived closer, and it was a lovely clear morning, already getting warm. I decided to walk along the bank of the lake for pegs, there was non one else there at all, and the lake looked lovely but I feared would get too warm as the day progressed.

I sauntered up the edge of the lake and it was surrounded by open farm land, I lit a fag and had a coffee marking potential pegs we could fish. I could just see the car park and kept checking if my mate had arrived ( it was hard to find)

As I walk along I see a bloke walking towards me, maybe around 60 or so, dressed in fairly plain smock, with boots etc, - I look for a dog with him but couldn't see one. We approach each other and both say ' morning' and pass each other.....I walk on a few yards and look back for both mate arriving but also because the interaction just didn't seem ' normal' with the bloke.....( I thought he might be gamekeeper / owner)

I turn around and he's gone......literally no sign.....can see for maybe 200 yards along lake edge ….nothing, very few / any places to go at all. Slightly confused I turn and follow edge of field back to car park thinking he maybe answering call of nature but no ...nothing......totally disappeared.....there was literally nowhere he could have gone in the time it took...…..

My mate arrived and I was slightly spooked.....mate took p*ss obviously but I spoke about it all day......there was literally no logical explanation. Field was just soil so no cover, lake on other side with path and visibility for a long way??

Sorry if duplicate but I still cant explain it at all

commieboy257

Account Locked
had one on a short dual carriageway the other month. I was a passenger in a car and as we went onto the carriageway on the right hand side from a roundabout a car followed us on off the roundabout. need to change lanes, driver looking all over for this car to make sure it was safe and no car was there!
had another one on a dark dual carriageway, empty apart from me and a motorbike some 50 yards behind me. what seemed odd was that the headlamp was vibrating quite a bit. I pulled over to the left hand lane for him to pass and again, nobody was there.

used to play snooker in an old working mens club in the 80's and it was a regular occurance to hear balls clicking as they ,oved about the table as you climbed the stairs to the snooker room, only for it to be empty when you opened the door and all the balls were stationary.

Wise Owl

Account Locked
Just found a photo of jnr owl he’d have been about 13 helping me renovate our cellar. Look at the orbs
A23B016F-6FC7-4219-9FC3-EDA7F6AF827C.jpeg