Has anyone seen or heard a ghost?

Wise Owl

Account Locked
There's loads of stories about the place where I used to work about the airman etc and one that always sticks in my mind is about a guy who is very level headed and relaxed etc he was getting changed to go home and he swears he saw out of the corner of his eye a man in in a flying jacket walk past. Strangely that part of the building is were the crews mess was.
Killingbeck was if im right the Smallpox T B hospital so will have some right history, Like i say it had that Air of Ghostlyness round it.

Phillip MGBGT

Site Supporter
A while ago I watched "Most haunted" as it was at a place close to me and in the grounds of the school that I went to.
What a.load of old tosh that was. It was filmed in broad daylight,but had all the shutters closed to make it look like it was dark. You could see light around them if you looked, there is no artificial light there so not that, pigeons cooing etc, at night no way. I've lived in the countryside since birth and not heard birds calling and si ging like did at night.
These do make me smile unlike some of the other things that we hear about or see.

sly

bit better gear,still no idea
Site Supporter
When my mom was dieing,in a few of her more lucid moments she said Ken (husband) was in the room waiting for her 🤔

sly

bit better gear,still no idea
Site Supporter
Thing is,I just put it down to the morphine that she was being fed,but it makes ya wonder

wildcat16

worked on a house on loch morah scotland, it was 7 mile by boat or a 7 mile walk to get to it, so we never locked the doors but the kitchen door would be locked when we got up,also foot steps above the bedroom but there was no loft space, another time at home i let the dog out and saw a old lady stood on the patio, described her to the wife who said it was her grandma, but ide never met her

Wise Owl

Account Locked
Heres a couple of Stories from a walk i do with Albert, never seen owt me sen like.

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
it was a very eerie place just looking into the Deserted wards had like a i want a Sh:poop:t affect on ya
When we were converting the Hampton Pub into apartments, in the early days we had some local kids break into the place and one dirty tw.at took a dump in one of the rooms.
Now it was rumoured that the place was haunted but we never saw anything, however when the bobbies came after the break-in was reported, they said it was not uncommon to find that someone had taken a dump in places like that because of fear.

Wise Owl

Account Locked
When we were converting the Hampton Pub into apartments, in the early days we had some local kids break into the place and one dirty tw.at took a dump in one of the rooms.
Now it was rumoured that the place was haunted but we never saw anything, however when the bobbies came after the break-in was reported, they said it was not uncommon to find that someone had taken a dump in places like that because of fear.
The times Buzz locked us in that Pub im not surprised it was Haunted :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Pompous git

Site Supporter
Im not scared of owt which is a worry to my Gert sometimes, but having said that i go somewhere and get that Feeling of hey up this is eerie, but still venture in. Years back when parts of Killingbeck Hospital were getting Knocked down i had a walk up there with Owl Jnr to get Conkers, it was a very eerie place just looking into the Deserted wards had like a i want a Sh:poop:t affect on ya :LOL:
I don`t know the meaning of fear, I`m too scared to look it up...

Godber

Inventor of W@nkles.
Site Supporter
Wow thats weird , does make you think
I certainly made me do that, yes mate. Later on in life me and wifey lived in a 200 year old cottage in a small fishing village in Pembrokeshire. All sorts of things happened in that place and witnessed by quite a few people to just write off as 'normal'.

commieboy257

Account Locked
if you want stories of seeing loved ones in our last hours check this out. it is also a study into the possible causes of such 'apparitions'.
long story short - it is NOT your brain acting to shield you from the situation ;)
The Art of Dying

robert d

Allways trying to improve
Site Supporter
I certainly made me do that, yes mate. Later on in life me and wifey lived in a 200 year old cottage in a small fishing village in Pembrokeshire. All sorts of things happened in that place and witnessed by quite a few people to just write off as 'normal'.
I lived in Pembroke dock for 11 years ,

Simon R

Site Supporter
Never in human history have we had such an intricate network of surveillance equipment - from military hardware, GPS and spy satellites, CCTV cameras and then the tens of millions of people with phone cameras that would have seemed like science fiction 30 years ago. We can record in the infra-red, the visible spectrum and in ultra-violet - you can't fart without somebody seeing or detecting it

And yet with all this hardware, all this ability to record everything we see or do nobody has ever provided a convincing image of a ghost - just fakes and shadowy, out-of-focus, blurry objects that could be anything.
Doesn't it seem strange that 'Orbs' have only started to be commonly recorded once everyone switched to digital cameras - they were rarely seen or commented upon on traditional film cameras or even home cine-cameras. It's actually a phenomenon known as backscatter and has nothing to do with any paranormal event but simply the way digital cameras process the image.

If I had ghostly phenomenon occurring in my house on a regular basis I'd have cameras galore set and ready to record it.
But nobody ever does - I wonder why

Simon

Wise Owl

Account Locked
Ive been on a few Ghost walks and though they have some interesting stories behind em i was more scared seeing my mam in a Bikini.