Has anyone seen my parcel...

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
I was expecting a delivery yesterday from UPS, just missed their driver, got an email and text saying delivered to 'Residence' and signed for by 'Clark' - no parcel, no one called Clark, no neighbours called Clark, and I've searched all the bins.

I spent 1/2hr on the phone to two pleasant call centre lasses yesterday and the best they can come up with is to email me a claim form :mad:

Apparently they have no contact with the driver to find out where he left it.
I think I'll ambush him on his rounds this afternoon because I'm blowed if I can find it - soo frustrating !

Last edited:

Geoff P

The MOGerator
Staff member
Site Supporter
Does the delivery driver have to take a photograph of the address they delivered to, I know our local Hermes courier takes a photo of the door she delivers to.

Neil ofthe nene

Doing things differently.
Site Supporter
Earlier this year I had a parcel "delivered". Raised a complaint with the parcel carrier and the seller. I was assured it had been delivered and they had a photograph to prove it. The photo looked as if someone's finger was over the lens. Two days later the parcel arrived.

I suspect it was delivered to the other road in the same postal district with the same name as mine but four to five miles away. A not uncommon occurrence. Luckily that person obviously got the parcel collected and redelivered. Honest of them.

carphauler

Barbel Tickler
It's ridiculous, my lad had a parcel delivered to my house, I missed it, card posted saying they'll attempt the next day, door went next day, same bloke, different parcel, I asked where the previous parcel was and he told me it was out for delivery somewhere else with another driver, eventually tracked it down before it got delivered to the wrong address.

carphauler

Barbel Tickler
Another one is I watched a driver deliberately not deliver the parcel to next door and put it through our letterbox, it looked like it had been previously opened or tampered with.

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
Our porch door was locked and no card left, no photo either on the email notification

robert d

Allways trying to improve
Site Supporter
I was expecting a delivery yesterday from UPS, just missed their driver, got an email and text saying delivered to 'Residence' and signed for by 'Clark' - no parcel, no one called Clark, no neighbours called Clark, and I've searched all the bins.

I spent 1/2hr on the phone to two pleasant call centre lasses yesterday and the best they can come up with is to email me a claim form :mad:

I think I'll ambush him on his rounds this afternoon because I'm blowed if I can find it - soo frustrating !
Just an idea ask at local post office, ive had them delivered only ti find out its at the post office with the clerk

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
We no longer have a local PO and the nearest one always has a queue inside and out

JayBee

Site Supporter

Just had a delivery addressed to Ms. Diana Webster. This isn't your alter ego is it?....I'm extremely suspicious as the slightly damaged packaging revealed the contents to be rather risque clothing in size 20!!.

62tucker

Site Supporter
We get parcels for 51 in a street about 1/2 mile away. And they have in the past got ours. Same postman. Thick as mince.

The Landlord

Site Supporter
Hermes just pulled up outside our house. Email comes through, saying they've delivered it. No parcel at our house. Luckily the email contained a photo of our parcel sitting in next door's porch :rolleyes:

Arry

Aitch, Cantankerous old gimmer with "Views"
Site Supporter
The majority of the drivers haven't a clue... for them near enough is good enough... and for some if it feels like summat worth having they'll have it

Deejay8

Site Supporter
This reminds me of an episode of 'Still Game', when Victor is at home on the 10th floor of his towerblock, eagerly waiting for his birthday present to be delivered by the Postie. He sees Postie coming and waits by the front door. Only to see a card shoved through saying "No one In. Collect parcel from Post Office". But Victor is very much in, and opens the door before Postie can move away. "Ah am in!! Where's ma parcel?" Postie looks at his feet, struggling to say anything. "Och, I see!" Exclaims Victor. "You have'nae got my parcel, because it's easier to stick a card through ma door, than carry a parcel up 10 flights of stairs, so you expect an old man to go all the way to the Post Office, and then struggle up wi'it himself, yah lazy b*****d!!" Postie looks at his feet still, shrugs and says "Aye". At which point Victor reaches back into his flat and grabs a bottle of red sauce of the table. He squeezes it all over the front of Posties uniform. Waving the card, he says, " Now I can'nae have done that. Because I'm nae feckin here"

DAMFLASK CHRIS

Site Supporter
Do you have a your road name near you same name but for example
Your road Smith Road
Gone to Smith avenue or rise or street
Had argos deliver to next road Same number instead of road went to avenue