Has anybody sold gold???

Status
Not open for further replies.

BARRYBLOKE

Account Locked
Has anyone on here sold gold and if so what is the best way to go about it please?
I have a few gold items that are useless to me and I would rather have the brass.

Last edited:

Cybermanc

Eagle Eyes
Auction might be better than dealers Barry as Gold is basically only worth it's weight in.... well gold lol.

Age is irrelevant and its price is based on the current value of the commodity I'm afraid, regardless of craftsmanship etc.

At auction people see the finished attractive article, a dealer will be looking to melt it unless it is particularly nice and saleable.

KenM

I've only sold the gold that I've pulled out of the ground, 2 weeks prospecting in OZ paid for 3 months holiday with a bit left over, I was lucky that my Aunt is a pro prospector and put me on the money in the first 2 days, I then had the chance to stay out there but ended up coming back for a woman........

Mucker there are a number of buy/sell gold type places in Newport, but I don't think that you will get best price out of these guys.

BARRYBLOKE

Account Locked
Its just a big bag of coins I found with my metal detector John.[:D][:D]

I wish mate. No its just some rings etc. Nothing special. My old wedding ring from a previous dalliance with a bowlegged crosseyed Babalonian whore (no hard feelings)and a few odds and sods.
At the minute they are stuck in drawers around the house doing nothing and meaning less.
Im having serious thoughts on buying another pole. Im selling a couple of surplus to requirement guitars and I reckon my bling[:D] would do better in swelling the pole fund as opposed to gathering dust.

chris w

pc problem solver
you will be luck if you get a fiver a ring from the con men in Newport if they are only going to give you scarp value then demand that they are cut in two

i would suggest you sell on ebay or take to a pawn shop better price that way

RedNeckAngling

9ft is too long
Barry, you won't even get scr*p value. If you sell to a "gold" dealer, then you will get approx 40% of the scr*p value. This is because the people that buy gold don't sell the item, they take basically a big bag of chains, rings etc etc and have them melted. So they get the scr*p value.

If they are coins you have, do a search or take them to a reputed dealer.

If they are old English coins PM me and let me see what I can do, as old English coins will be worth more over here than over there, cos the Yanks love old English antiques etc etc.

Don

cos the Yanks love old English antiques etc etc.

All right Redneck youve got a deal, how much for the wife[?] Im looking for the price of a half decent pole and a few accesories at the very least! I'll post her 1st class parcel post and shes deffo sold as seen. Paypal or Visa no postal orders or dollar cheques thank you very much.[:D]

Last edited:

RedNeckAngling

9ft is too long
Unfortunatley Don, with the exchange rate as it is at the minute, it seems she is way out of my price range. "Half Decent Pole" yeah right. I think I'll stick with the mother-in-law for now as far as antiques go. [:D][:D][:D]

BARRYBLOKE

Account Locked
I think I might melt it down and make the blingiest plummet ever [:D][:D].
Its not coins Redneck I was just messing about with John when I said that.
Its just a couple of old rings.

Enigma

Armchair Carper
Originally posted by newies_maggots

EBAY

Newie has the right idea - I sold my former wedding ring on Ebay. I started the bid at 10p and it went for 5.00 I was so pleased I went into town to grab some stuff and gave the 5 to a guy selling the big issue....Oh the sweet smell of freedom

Status
Not open for further replies.