Hartleylands Farm Reservoir.

1st M Davis 34lbs 10ozs
2nd TE Payne 18lbs 8ozs
3rd Mal Smith 17lbs 14ozs
4th P Ollerenshaw 17lbs 12ozs
5th A Ray 11lbs 7ozs
6th D Corneille 11lbs 1oz

Total weighed in by 23 anglers 230lbs +

The final club match of the season saw 23 anglers assembled in the car park for the draw.The weather was quite bright and sunny,but a cool south easterly wind was making it's presence felt.
Into the drawbag and no22 comes to me.Consulting the owner (Paul Ward) revealed that the peg has no real form but he recommended fishing just one pole line at around 9mtrs and having a maggot feeder as backup.Bait for the pole line was to be sweetcorn.
Plumbing up at 9mtrs revealed a small shelf with a depth of just over 8ft.I cupped in about 30 grains of corn with the intention of fishing this out before topping up.
A couple of small skimmers after 20mins made me think that things were going to be ok but a biteless hour and a half soon put me in my place.
On the opposite side the pegs with the wind blowing into them were all catching,while the pegs on my side were almost flat calm with everyone struggling to even get a bite.
An hour on the maggot feeder,yeilded just one 8oz carp and a suicidal perch,so it was back to the pole line for the remainder of the match.
A couple of small tench and a few more small skimmers before the end left me with a final weight of 4lbs 3ozs,only good enough for 15th and no points,leaving me in 5th place in the club championship.
Not quite the way i had planned it,but never mind it starts all over again on the 28th of April.

Roll on next years Championhip, and the warm weather

Peter. thumbsup.gif
Happiness is a rod in your hand.

Ziptrev

05/10/01 - 18/10/02
In Memoriam
I'd be over the moon with 5th Pete!
Better luck next year!

Trev

Ziptrev ape.gif I do NOT BELIEVE it

Status
Not open for further replies.