Hartleton Soap Dodgers 2014

Brian the Fish

Older Member.
Site Supporter
Originally posted by andy_martin

Anyone fancy a day on the Wye? Day ticket section in Ross by the Hope and Anchor good for a few

Which part is "good for a few"? The Wye or the Hope and Anchor?[:D]

andy_martin

The artist formerly known as...
Originally posted by Brian the Fish

Which part is "good for a few"? The Wye or the Hope and Anchor?[:D]

Both were! Sources tell me Eastern Europeans have filled their boots at Ross over the close season... will find out more and other stretches nearby we can get on

seankp53

10/04/13 - 23/06/14
In Memoriam
Originally posted by grannyspodder

Sean if all goes well I plan to be there by 1200 hrs.

Trev

I'm hoping for about that time too, but maybe about 1300 hrs. Just depends on traffic........

Sean.

seankp53

10/04/13 - 23/06/14
In Memoriam
Originally posted by andy_martin

Sounds a plan! All those interested let me know and I'll try book somewhere suitable

Andy

I'd love to say yes, but I'll need to leave about midday Monday to miss the vile traffic going towards London[:C]- So the answer no ta. Nice idea though[:T]

Sean.

seankp53

10/04/13 - 23/06/14
In Memoriam
Brian

Just a thought, do you have an unhooking mat and landing net suitable for carp - thinking positively [8D]?

Sean.

Brian the Fish

Older Member.
Site Supporter
Unhooking mat....yes.....landing net is quite large, will handle fish to 20lbs if they are co-operative and lazy.[:D]
Positive thinking....I like that.[:D][:W]
I've not had a Carp at Hartleton yet so I'm positive things can only improve.[:T]

6 more sleeps and I'm on my way!!!!
I am so excited to be seeing all the gentlemen MD's ugly faces again and of course the lovely ladies.

I can't believe how soon it's arriving, after waiting since last year, watching the calendar slowly turn it's pages, I am now in panic mode.
So much to do and so little time.
Tackle to sort out and provisions to buy.
I'm not ready yet but I will be.[:D]

Last edited:

grannyspodder

Andy I have a river guide contact of sorts for the Wye, a local lad lives in Ross if you need some inside info. I also have those two rods and reel that were donated earlier this year to bring along, does the lad need anything else? I have a load of stuff in boxes destined for the car boot but would rather donate it to fellow anglers.

Brian I have spare mats and big nets if you need to borrow one for the duration.

andy_martin

The artist formerly known as...
Cheers Trev, anything really thats a youngster would need. 18mtr topflight pole, RIve D36 box ... standard stuff really ;)
Who is your contact at Ross? I reckon its worth a day at Ross anyway!

Godber

Priapism! ladies?
Site Supporter
DONT FORGET, THE EARLIER YOU GET THERE THE FLATTER THE SPACE TO PITCH YOUR TENT

arkwright

FlyingCarpetPilot
Site Supporter
Originally posted by Sidewinder2

The bivvy is out on the back lawn, it's just had a spruce up and a good airing, travelling light this year cos we don't have a tow bar on the new car!

Champ is coming to say hello Steve and John be warned!

And I thought I was having a quiet weekend ......hide any balls or the little tyke will wear me out [:D][:D]

arkwright

FlyingCarpetPilot
Site Supporter
Id love to fish the wye but mon am could be a problem as im on shift 12.30am tues morning and need to get back at a reasonable time mon to get some sleep.

Im also working thurs 12.30am so don't see us setting off before 2pm unless I get a really quiet night so arrival for us is teatime Thursday

banksy

Life Member
Site Supporter
Originally posted by Godber

DONT FORGET, THE EARLIER YOU GET THERE THE FLATTER THE SPACE TO PITCH YOUR TENT

AND I USE A NON-LEVELLING AIR MATRESS. OK MICK, YOU'VE JUST HELPED ME DECIDE WHEN TO GET THERE!

grannyspodder

looks like I wont be getting there until friday evening and have to leave sunday evening. The scrote that I work with is still on the sick because he feinted two weeks ago. Pansy

seankp53

10/04/13 - 23/06/14
In Memoriam
Originally posted by grannyspodder

looks like I wont be getting there until friday evening and have to leave sunday evening.

Trev

That's bad news[:0] Ah well, better late than never I suppose.....

Sean.

spanky

Irregular Member
Site Supporter
I have a confession to make - I've been practicing for next week.

I had a late night, too much to eat, too much to drink, not enough sleep and this morning I feel a little delicate. I hope this level of dedication wont count against me.