HARTLETON 2013.

Geoff P

The MOGerator
Staff member
Site Supporter
Sorry Brian, there is no junction 8 on the M50, you come off the M5 at junction 8 to join the M50, only 3 junctions on the M50. (or 4 if you count the roundabout at the end of the M50 by Ross on Wye.)

Geoff P

The MOGerator
Staff member
Site Supporter
Dave,

Go off the M50 at junction 3, take the B4221 to Upton Bishop then turn left onto B4224, go under the motorway and take the first left, and keep left. Or you can go to the end of the M50, Ross on Wye, at the roundabout take the third exit for the B4221 (as though you are going back on yourself) and keep on the road until you come to Upton Bishop, turn right onto the B4224.

grannyspodder

so you turn left at the moody cow then? follow the track until you reach the rusty chicken thing and then roll down a hill.

Godber

Priapism! ladies?
Site Supporter
From Engerland follow the M50 to the roundabout at the end. Take the 3rd exit off the roundabout, the one before you head back up the M50 to Engerland. Follow that road until you come to a T junction, the Moody Cow pub will be on your right. Turn right at the junction then immediately right again. Follow this road under the M50 and you will see the Golf club on your left. Take the rough track on the left of the golf club entrance until you come to the dam. Go left across the dam and then right behind the trees and you should reach Maggotville.

Godber

Priapism! ladies?
Site Supporter
From Engerland follow the M50 to the roundabout at the end. Take the 3rd exit off the roundabout, the one before you head back up the M50 to Engerland. Follow that road until you come to a T junction, the Moody Cow pub will be on your right. Turn right at the junction then immediately right again. Follow this road under the M50 and you will see the Golf club on your left. Take the rough track on the left of the golf club entrance until you come to the dam. Go left across the dam and then right behind the trees and you should reach Maggotville.

n/a14

deleted
were going down on Thurs afternoon Dave coming from Harrogate so if you want to catch up along the way let me know!
Just spent the morning sorting out the tackle in the gorgeous sunshine, can't wait now!

arkwright

FlyingCarpetPilot
Site Supporter
Godbers directions are the best way in .... cant go wrong that way .... don't believe weve never been for a pint at a pub called "the moody cow" [?][:D]

Also on the sunday night does anybody fancy a Chinese , last time we picked one up they said they would deliver to the entrance off the b road .

Brian the Fish

Older Member.
Site Supporter
Sorry...Lord.....but you are sending people at least 3 miles past the Pub, to drive 2.5 miles back to the same pub, instead of coming off at Junction 3.
Check on a map or Google Earth.

I shall not be going your way.

Godber

Priapism! ladies?
Site Supporter
After much thought i've decided to let you back in Brian. However your continued membership of the Hartleton soap dodgers will depend on the quality of the tea made on your new Kelly kettle boiler.

PS I'm not the Lord, i will not be held responsible for creating something like 'The French'.

Brian the Fish

Older Member.
Site Supporter
That was only 3 minutes Lord, not long for one overseeing eternity and yet not quite enough time to boil the water in a Kelly Kettle but I will try to meet your exacting standards.
Towards this end, I am bringing water from your own home Yorkshire for the sole purpose of making tea.
As I am carrying this extra burden in my vehicle, I deem it prudent to take the most direct route to Hartleton to save on your natural given fuel resource, diesel.
So I shall not be taking the "chosen-ones" route and beg your forgiveness.
Spiced Rum and tea, not necessarily together, will be available at all hours to yourself and MD passers by.

As for blaming yourself for the French....don't.
The whole world needs someone to hate and moan about.
(Just for Red Leader) In football we have Leeds.
So, in normal life, we need some limp-wristed, arty-farty, I cannot understand you, let me come to England a nasty man is attacking us, your food is rubbish, snails are great to eat, here Yanks have a statue, Allo Allo where is my beret, and why am I wearing onions around my neck and riding a bicyclette, people to annoy us.
Don't blame yourself....we don't.[:D]

Last edited:

Brian the Fish

Older Member.
Site Supporter
I always bring steak for an evening meal, I don't mean MD'er steak (the undercover man], no one person could feed him.
Last year I bought some steaks to carry me over the Hartleton experience, from Tesco and in polystyrene trays with cellophane/cling film wraps.
The steak was superb but after a couple of days, no refrigeration of course, the meat was not at its best.
This year I have used an almost local Butcher and he has vacuum-packed each steak, so hopefully towards the end of the Fish-in the meat will still be fine.[:T]

p.s. Go away, it's all for me.
DAVE CALL MAX OFF, GET OFF MAX, GET OFF, DAAAAAVVVE!!!!!

Last edited:

seankp53

10/04/13 - 23/06/14
In Memoriam
Originally posted by seankp53

Hopefully last question, but can one fish off the bank with a standard goalpost setup, or does one have to use the wooden platform, please? I've just noticed these in a zoomed birds' eye view[:0]Pretty please [:H]

Sean.

I have packed up the necessary bits for the tent. I will also be bringing a Coleman Xtreme 50l coolbox and a 35l 3-way fridge, so there should be room for BBQ bits if needed[8D]

Sean.

grannyspodder

Sean if you get the chance at this late notice can you bring some mele pap and some of those buffalo turd sausages for me to try?